IGNORED

Act now - Playstation Plus Collection going away

SpiceWare

According to this, the Playstation Plus Collection will be going away.

It will be an end of an era for PlayStation 5 owners who also subscribe to PlayStation Plus. To coincide with the console’s launch in November 2020, Sony offered a special selection of games. The PlayStation Plus Collection games involved free access to 20 PS4 games for new PS5 owners. Now on May 9, 2023, that offer will end. Sony confirmed it on the PlayStation Blog.

From Sony's blog entry:

We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered. If you haven’t redeemed the titles in this collection yet, you can still do so before May 9, which will enable you to access those titles even after this date for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member. 

I'd already claimed God of War and Ratchet and Clank(2016), and just finished claiming the other 17 games - the list of 20 games was reduced to 19 when Persona 5 was removed last year.

And I'm jealous you've had your PS5 that long 😉 

When I first read "Cerny" I thought perhaps it was slang, or a heavily accented way of saying "Sony". After a quick search I found PS5 Designer Mark Cerny Tells Us Which Storage Expansion SSD He Bought from 1.5 years ago:

It's a little bit more expensive, though, costing $169.99, $274.99, and $569.99 for the 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB options. There's also a 4TB drive available for $1.049.99 which will work in the PS5

And yeah, I wouldn't have bought a 4TB back then either - even that 2 TB cost more than I paid. Such is the life of an early adopter.