IGNORED

River Raid 2 with plastic box

IBP

I'm wondering about the rarity of the plastic package...

It's not rare at all. Infact, it's probably more common than the cardboard version. It probably doesn't come with instructions (instead its printed on the box), and the cart is PAL not NTSC.

Complete waste of money if you ask me. Sorry that you bought it.

It's not rare at all.  Infact, it's probably more common than the cardboard version.  It probably doesn't come with instructions (instead its printed on the box), and the cart is PAL not NTSC.

Complete waste of money if you ask me. Sorry that you bought it.

It may not be rare but the guy that won does live in the U.K. so PAL is a good thing, right :?: If he wants to play it, buying the NTSC version would be a waste. ;)

It may not be rare but the guy that won does live in the U.K. so PAL is a good thing, right :?:   If he wants to play it, buying the NTSC version would be a waste.  ;)

ya I noticed he was from the UK after making that post. I had assumed that since he had never seen one in a plastic box then he was from the US.

I bought it cos I was interested in seeing what it was, I already have RRII but this one has a perfect label, which my other does not.

The clamshell label claims to have the instructions on the reverse, but does not, which made me wonder if it were a repro, but I dodn't think anyone was doing repro's of River Raid II

I bought it cos I was interested in seeing what it was, I already have RRII but this one has a perfect label, which my other does not.

The clamshell label claims to have the instructions on the reverse, but does not, which made me wonder if it were a repro, but I dodn't think anyone was doing repro's of River Raid II

In some instances, the paper instructions were simply glued onto the back of the case. I don't know if this is the case with HES releases, though.