IGNORED

Mortal Kombat demo on the Atari Jaguar

alucardX

Here I am programming for Jaguar with the great tools provided by master devs...and what is it you members are doing?the members that can't add to the community talk shit to devs as always.I'm really done now,I will release games but not here,and to the members that support devs,you gentlemen are awesome,you truly are,thank you.I just cannot take the members here anymore,it's to much for me.I've come quite far in a few short months with good people like CJ,42,sporadic,good things coming jaguar friends.See ya later gentlemen my journey in Jaguar continues............

frogger.rom

joe.rom

Edited by Jag_Mag
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Machine said:

Game looks neat. The Jaguar could use a Frogger game. I will give this a spin.

Thanks,I appreciate that,a lot of members felt they didn't get their moneys worth with Frogger 64,I'm trying to fix that.

Edited by Jag_Mag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the devs know I'm studying Umk source code,I''ll want to be paid from members to do that as that's a big project.I have to release frogger first though as I want members to see what quality to expect from me .And yes members a totally ok with paying us to dev as long is the quality is there.

Edited by Jag_Mag

So, you've not released anything yet, but you're already hyping the next project ; you expect people to give you money even before you start working on it ; and you'd be making profit using assets that you don't own.

Seems fine. I'm sure this will go smoothly. Kind of reminds of something, but I can't remember what.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

So, you've not released anything yet, but you're already hyping the next project ; you expect people to give you money even before you start working on it ; and you'd be making profit using assets that you don't own.

Seems fine. I'm sure this will go smoothly. Kind of reminds of something, but I can't remember what.

To be fair didn't he just released a prototype of frogger just a couple of message above? Or what is that rom up there? Still buggy but kind of working it seems.

But agree the communication style could be *slightly* better.

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

I made sure I can compete with other devs,But I understand bro

11 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

To be fair didn't he just released a prototype of frogger just a couple of message above? Or what is that rom up there? Still buggy but kind of working it seems.

But agree the communication style could be *slightly* better.

I don't communicate the best,would you be willing to help with that ? I would appreciate it friend

Edited by Jag_Mag

42 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I didn't try the ROM yet ; I was under the impression that it was still a work in progress. Is it the finished game? If so, apologies.

I still suggest waiting for feedback from this project before thinking about the next one.

41 minutes ago, Jag_Mag said:

I made sure I can compete with other devs,But I understand bro

"Competing"?

The vast majority of Jaguar homebrews are released either for free, or sold on cartridges for a small profit (once you account for the materials, manufacturing and shipping costs). And the market isn't anywhere near saturation. So there's no "competition" to worry about.

Expecting people to pay you upfront for development is... optimistic, to say the least. And it's a big responsibility. There's a reason why you don't see anyone else doing this, even those who have released plenty of homebrews.

Also, making money by using assets that you don't own is like wearing a "I'd like a cease & desist letter, please" T-shirt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

I didn't try the ROM yet ; I was under the impression that it was still a work in progress. Is it the finished game? If so, apologies.

I still suggest waiting for feedback from this project before thinking about the next one.

"Competing"?

The vast majority of Jaguar homebrews are released either for free, or sold on cartridges for a small profit (once you account for the materials, manufacturing and shipping costs). And the market isn't anywhere near saturation. So there's no "competition" to worry about.

Expecting people to pay you upfront for development is... optimistic, to say the least. And it's a big responsibility. There's a reason why you don't see anyone else doing this, even those who have released plenty of homebrews.

Also, making money by using assets that you don't own is like wearing a "I'd like a cease & desist letter, please" T-shirt.

1:Yeah I'm done

2: I want to try it my way,no debate from me

1 minute ago, Jag_Mag said:

1:Yeah I'm done

2: I want to try it my way,no debate from me

Some friendly advice for number 2 is that since it's such a leap from a game like 1 to a game like 2, I'd suggest that you have little chance of receiving funding. You're not only going to a whole other level of complexity, but also treading on an active copyright when requesting research/development money. Besides the whole legality of it all - which you can choose to bear or not - there's also the fact that no one has come close to pulling off an arcade quality port the scale of a Mortal Kombat on the Jaguar, so there's no precedent on top of all of the other baggage you have at the moment. That's not saying it can't be done, it's just presenting the stark reality of the situation and what you're suggesting.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

there's also the fact that no one has come close to pulling off an arcade quality port the scale of a Mortal Kombat on the Jaguar, so there's no precedent 

There is a Lynx version as precedent, and it won't be a similar challenge on the Jaguar technically. 

We have no arcade perfect ports on the Jag, true, but original homebrew games that probably push the Jag more than a MK port would do. 

Edited by agradeneu