IGNORED

Free contest! Celebrate Gravatic Mines "Atari Homebrew Award" win and win a bunch of prizes!

Machine

Madwindoman                                        Training 1-4 - 41 sec                             Pilot 1-1 - 27 sec                                    Total time - 1:08                                   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Madwindoman                                        Training 1-4 - 41 sec                             Pilot 1-1 - 27 sec                                    Total time - 1:08                                   

Well, I’m out. Well done! At least now my evening can now consist of more than pause-hash. 

7 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

1:08 - Madwindoman

Confirmed! We now have a new leader! That's some fast flying! Keep it up!

9 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

I’m sure somebody will clip me. Also it helps to have a time to shoot for. You were kinda playing against yourself which is tough

Heh. Not as tough as being absolutely curb-stomped. My chances of triumphing are nil, but I gladly cede the field to the victor and bow to greatness! Huzzah!

Edited by Editorb

2 hours ago, Editorb said:

Heh. Not as tough as being absolutely curb-stomped. My chances of triumphing are nil, but I gladly cede the field to the victor and bow to greatness! Huzzah!

His times are great, but there is a little meat on the bones for you to have. Don't give up, it will click.

Try different flying strategies. In Training 1-4, dont go balls out into the turns. In Pilot 1-1, try going in different orders so you can time that worm thingy(CJ, what is it's name?).

36 minutes ago, Machine said:

His times are great, but there is a little meat on the bones for you to have. Don't give up, it will click.

Try different flying strategies. In Training 1-4, dont go balls out into the turns. In Pilot 1-1, try going in different orders so you can time that worm thingy(CJ, what is it's name?).

I've tried various techniques using main and side thrusters in T1-4, even to point I awoke a couple of daze ago with a revelation that I could spin ship clockwise into first turn and create a kickass swoop around to lower left with major speed and chutzpah. I tried it; there was fire.

P1-1, I've tried several possibilities; seems like the best is left rescue, then top right, and drop fast past vorm onto pad, then go battery and out. Howbeit, by time I'm falling skillfully past the vorm, my opponents seem to have finished, made a sandwich, and consumed it.

Anyhoo, I appreciate the pep talk, but I know when I'm licked. Plus, one of cool things about GM is different ways to approach it; I like flying at moderate pace and jamming on the tunes. (Note my skillful pivot from sucking at this contest to making it a stupid dumb poopyhead contest that only people who don't appreciate the game at my level would try to win. Bam!)

7 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I've tried various techniques using main and side thrusters in T1-4, even to point I awoke a couple of daze ago with a revelation that I could spin ship clockwise into first turn and create a kickass swoop around to lower left with major speed and chutzpah. I tried it; there was fire.

P1-1, I've tried several possibilities; seems like the best is left rescue, then top right, and drop fast past vorm onto pad, then go battery and out. Howbeit, by time I'm falling skillfully past the vorm, my opponents seem to have finished, made a sandwich, and consumed it.

Anyhoo, I appreciate the pep talk, but I know when I'm licked. Plus, one of cool things about GM is different ways to approach it; I like flying at moderate pace and jamming on the tunes. (Note my skillful pivot from sucking at this contest to making it a stupid dumb poopyhead contest that only people who don't appreciate the game at my level would try to win. Bam!)

On 1-1, I use left rescue, top right, battery top left, drop onto pad, then straight up & out. It is harder, but saves a ton of time.

Edited by Machine

50 minutes ago, Machine said:

On 1-1, I use left rescue, top right, battery top left, drop onto pad, then straight up & out. It is harder, but saves a ton of time.

Interesting. I figured since battery was straight shot, saving for last was fine. I guess the right side is more open for flying out in straight shot from bottom.

50 minutes ago, Editorb said:

Interesting. I figured since battery was straight shot, saving for last was fine. I guess the right side is more open for flying out in straight shot from bottom.

I have spent hours just playing a level thinking I have the fastest way. Then I will come back in a month and suddenly see a new/faster way to beat the level.

Some of the more complex levels I am sure I have not found the absolute best way to go. That is just another fun bonus of the game.

The level that gives me fits is ACE 3-2. It took me forever to get all 4 rescues without dying.

We need to come up with a special patch, medal or pin for players who have beat every level while getting every rescue and w/o dying.

Man, I love this game.(if you haven't guessed🤪)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Training - :34    Pilot - :27    Total time - 1:01     We’ll thats it for me. I’m working a double tomorrow. Win or lose I definatly had a great time with the game

Madwindoman:  Training - :34    Pilot - :27    Total time - 1:01

Confirmed!

Still time today/tomorrow morning. I probably will not log in tomorrow til mid-morning.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:57 PM, Madwindoman said:

Training - :34    Pilot - :27    Total time - 1:01     We’ll thats it for me. I’m working a double tomorrow. Win or lose I definatly had a great time with the game

Winner!!!!

Contest is over!

Congrats to Madwindoman! Great scores!

I will get your prizes out to you today!

Well done!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Machine said:

Winner!!!!

Contest is over!

Congrats to Madwindoman! Great scores!

I will get your prizes out to you today!

Well done!!!

To quote Hightower from police academy 1      “THANKS”

• Like 1