IGNORED

Price (& interest) check on this sealed:

Hmmmmm. I’m not saying it’s re-glued, but all the sealed units I’ve had like this did not have bulging flaps. Seeing how it’s at a pawn shop of sorts, I’d be really concerned about the items inside. I wouldn’t pay more than an opened box version on that unit. Too many red flags in my opinion. 

that’s just my two cents. Others may think differently (and that’s ok).

• Like 1

Yah unfortunately that top looks either moisture damaged or resealed as Luc said. 
It's the Big Box version but with Poker not NFL on the TV so it's an early release but not one of the earliest ones. Is there a serial number on the outer box? In current shape maybe $175-200 tops given uncertainty around if it's truly sealed.

Given the shape of the box I'd probably open it as I wouldn't be buying it for the box and essentially you're hoping it's a new system inside. 

I might be interested with more pics of the box. 

11 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Hmmmmm. I’m not saying it’s re-glued, but all the sealed units I’ve had like this did not have bulging flaps. Seeing how it’s at a pawn shop of sorts, I’d be really concerned about the items inside. I wouldn’t pay more than an opened box version on that unit. Too many red flags in my opinion. 

that’s just my two cents. Others may think differently (and that’s ok).

I agree.. price it as opened box.

Looks like bulge could be from water damage (which may or may not have affected the component inside.) Kindof a crap-shoot for buyer & seller alike.

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

These are so easy to reglue and I'm sure many have been reglued and sold as "sealed" over the years.  I'm guessing half the ones on eBay.  I'll always take mint opened items over sealed, especially if paying a premium.  YMMV.

Sealed items have always been actually a negative for me, especially with vintage systems. As you said they are incredibly hard to verify, especially since systems and games had many different forms of ‘seals’ and ‘brand new condition’. If it’s mint but opened I get to pay less, know that what I’m getting is real and not fake (assuming you know it isn’t a repro anyway), and I’ll actually have access to the item’s contents.

There’s just benefits all the way down in my opinion to buying excellent condition used instead of new. I always felt as though there wasn’t really a reason to buy new if you were buying it for the hobby rather than the item’s value.

• Like 1