IGNORED

How would one go about making an intellivision cartridge?

Welcome to the forum!

The Intellivision cartridges are complicated enough in such a way that the average homebrewer cannot make these himself.

If you are trying to test your own game, you should get an LTO-Flash, a Backbit cartridge with Intellivision adaptor, or a Cuttle Cart 3.

If you prefer to build things yourself, then you can try the most recent development: a T-Card that uses off-the-shelf components https://forums.atariage.com/topic/347603-t-card-for-the-intellivision/

Alternatively, you can contact people that manufactures PCBs on a on-demand basis like @5-11under

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nanochess covered your cartridge question well.

I would only add that before running your code on a physical cartridge, install the jzintv emulator and run/debug your code in there first.  It is an easy and faster way to get started.  Once your code is working reasonably in jzintv, then test on a real system with one of the cartridges above.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Axol O Telle said:

Hello, I'm trying to get into Intellivision programming since I got a system recently. I've been wondering if there is some way that I could make a cartridge for this system. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Others have offered advice on building or getting a cartridge.  But in the off chance that you are merely looking to see how to start programming for the Intellivision, then I suggest you take a look at IntyBASIC.

There is also the IntyBASIC SDK which includes some documentation on how to get started and many useful tools that make compiling and debugging your program easier.  The SDK comes together with the emulator, assembler, compiler, and everything you need to get started.

The author of IntyBASIC, @nanochess, who already introduced himself above, also published two books on programming for the Intellivision using IntyBASIC which are very helpful.  You may want to get at least the first one.  You can find the compiler and the books pinned in his forum, or on @nanochess's page:

https://nanochess.org/intybasic.html

And of course, there is also the helpful people here that are always willing to help.  If you have any specific questions, just ask.  :)

Welcome to our world! 

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay