IGNORED

Fox Hunt Arena game.. UPDATED! and PAL version

Mike_at_AEI

Updated:   Reset and pause features added.  PAL version added.  New manual

It’s a dystopian future...  The year is 2112 and you find yourself on FOX HUNT, the world’s most popular game show.

But Foxhunt is not like any other game show.  Of course there is prize money, Up to a million dollars, but in order to win, you must survive 7 rounds and 50 unique fields in the arena!
It will not be easy.  The Hunters are out to kill you. 

Fight through each round and collect the codes that will set off the explosive charge placed in each Hunter’s neck. 

There are objects stored in stations scattered around the arena that can help you.  If you find yourself in a tight situation, use the Crossbow that you found.  

Run fast, collect the cash, find every station, and fend off the Hunters before they find you….

Don’t let the audience down! Give them a good show!       

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

image.thumb.jpeg.4245cf87bfef03faa107cdaa42e10d0a.jpeg

Fox_Hunt_Arena.bin Fox_Hunt_Arena_PAL.bin Fox Hunt Arena Manual.pdf

Edited by Mike_at_AEI
Released
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for playing!!!!

You played the hardest settings and won, made it to the END!  That's hard to do!

You do get more points per round at the harder settings but it can also take longer to complete a round and thus drains your score/$$.

So a high score is a combination of speed and challenge. (maybe I should add a end game multiplier to show that, Hmmm)

I added the difficulty (the grey dots on the left) and round indicators (the bar on the right) so people could compare score at different levels.

The game is really not about getting a high score...it about surviving and doing so quickly.

For example, if all setting were easy, and you died quickly in round 2, you could have $150,000 score, but that would go to your benefactors, as you would be dead  :)  so better an Arena WIN with less points/$$ than death with a higher score.

I have been able to win with about $500,000 in winnings....but I know all the secrets  :)

I'll think about the High Score thing a bit more.  Maybe there is a way to increase it... like maybe at the highest level, there is no money drain for time spent?

Mike at ARG

• 7 months later...
49 minutes ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

Not yet.  Thinking about it.

@Mike_at_AEI  FYI there are other options.  Look at @SpiceWare Mr. Darrell Spice, Jr., he just lists his homebrews in the signature line below every post.  Or look at Mr. E. A. Smith, he just created a thread (Edward Smith's games) in the forums and he listed all of his homebrews in it.  Hope that was helpful.  Cheers!  

1 hour ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

Great idea.  Updated my "About Me" page to add links to my games

Neat:

I designed electric cars and trucks for 40 years instead.

Which electric vehicles have you worked on?  Mine's almost 6 years old and has taken me cross-country numerous times.  I don't plan to ever own a gas car again.  

My folks were a bit wary when I got it, though joined me on trips. They now own a Model Y. It's a bit roomier than the 3, and the added height makes it much easier for them to get in and out of, so we now use it for trips. Back in October we took it to Yellowstone, then on to Tacoma, WA to visit family before heading back to Houston.  More photos and details in this reply of the Frantic topic.

image.jpeg.0567f8f33227a1d68e9ed1cab7f6b

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpiceWare said:

Neat:

Which electric vehicles have you worked on?  Mine's almost 6 years old and has taken me cross-country numerous times.  I don't plan to ever own a gas car again.  

My folks were a bit wary when I got it, though joined me on trips. They now own a Model Y. It's a bit roomier than the 3, and the added height makes it much easier for them to get in and out of, so we now use it for trips. Back in October we took it to Yellowstone, then on to Tacoma, WA to visit family before heading back to Houston.  More photos and details in this reply of the Frantic topic.

image.jpeg.0567f8f33227a1d68e9ed1cab7f6b

Worked on FORD's very first EV in the 90's, Delivery vehicles in China and India,  electric fork trucks around the world...  Had several people I worked with go to Tesla, but I would not want to work for Elon.  His work environments are not balanced.
I also build my own EVs.  One I raced in the 1994 American Tour Se Sol and took 2nd place.  The other was a converted Triumph TR-7... picture attached.

EVs are the future, no ,matter what some may say

DriverSide.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

Worked on FORD's very first EV in the 90's

The Ranger EV?

I would not want to work for Elon.  His work environments are not balanced.

I hear you - having read this book about the early days of SpaceX, that's not something I'd want to do either.  If I was younger that'd probably be a different answer.

IMG_2045.JPG.d0e2d96dc68c70950068b50cbd6

I also build my own EVs.  One I raced in the 1994 American Tour Se Sol and took 2nd place.  The other was a converted Triumph TR-7... picture attached.

Way cool!

EVs are the future, no ,matter what some may say

Yep.  It's not there yet for everyone, such as I wouldn't recommend one for someone without charging at home or work, but it's definitely getting there with the rollout of fast chargers at places like grocery stores. If you can charge up enough for your regular usage while getting your groceries then it's already more convenient than also having to stop for gas after buying your groceries.

These are grocery stores I've personally charged at over the past 6 years:

• Edwards Food Giant (Brinkley, AR)
  • Festival (Oshkosh, WI)
  • Festival (Sheboygan, WI) - photo below
  • HEB (Katy, TX)
  • Hy-Vee (Dubuque, IA)
  • Hy-Vee (Madison, WI)
  • Hy-Vee (Olathe, KS)
  • Meijer (Bolingbrook, IL)
  • Meijer (Champaign, IL)
  • Meijer (Evergreen Park, IL)
  • Meijer (Howard, WI)