IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 17 Round 5 - Qix

DamonicFury

1 hour ago, RB5200 said:

476,030    new score

That is a great score. I've yet to pass 400k , I played a couple rounds just now but I was not one with the Force.    The Qix A.I. is quite interesting - they'll play cat-n-mouse with you, I swear its reading my mind.   It can worm its way into a tight corridor, but only if it wants to.   The thing that usually kills me is getting caught with a close-by Qix and 2 Sparx ambush me, I try to draw around them but Qix kills me. Drawing the double-box at the top is a helpful strategy to keep the latecomer 2 Sparx trapped, but its not always possible to draw it when a Qix is very interested in that section of the screen.  I imagine cashing in with two X9 bonuses, and getting at least 85% on that round, will put you well over 400k.  I don't think I've gotten 2 X9's in one game - often I am pretty much forced to cash-in early, before I get to X9. 

4 hours ago, Cafeman said:

That is a great score. I've yet to pass 400k , I played a couple rounds just now but I was not one with the Force.    The Qix A.I. is quite interesting - they'll play cat-n-mouse with you, I swear its reading my mind.   It can worm its way into a tight corridor, but only if it wants to.   The thing that usually kills me is getting caught with a close-by Qix and 2 Sparx ambush me, I try to draw around them but Qix kills me. Drawing the double-box at the top is a helpful strategy to keep the latecomer 2 Sparx trapped, but its not always possible to draw it when a Qix is very interested in that section of the screen.  I imagine cashing in with two X9 bonuses, and getting at least 85% on that round, will put you well over 400k.  I don't think I've gotten 2 X9's in one game - often I am pretty much forced to cash-in early, before I get to X9. 

Yes this dang game is insanely hard, I had wondered the mind reading thing myself (how do they know exactly what i'm gonna do) lol. I never really could cash in on split sticks bonuses, it was like playing the lottery with the bonus. I tried that for awhile playing with the intent that, (all It takes is one good bonus) but it never worked out for me. just had to play normal and if I get a bonus great, if not o well just move to the next round and go.

and good gaming Cafeman, that was a hell of a workout.

Edited by RB5200
  • Like 1

Congratulations to our Qix titans RB5200 and Cafeman on a spirited competition on this challenging game!  RB5200 came out ahead with an impressive record breaking performance.

Kangaroo is up next.

Final standings:

RB5200 - 538,949 - RECORD BREAKER +11 +1 = +12

Cafeman - 394,197 - +10

Northcoastgamer - 231,129 +9

Mikey50 -  87,241 +8

rubeon - 71,296 +7

jeremiahjt - 63,934 +6

1 hour ago, DamonicFury said:

Congratulations to our Qix titans RB5200 and Cafeman on a spirited competition on this challenging game!  RB5200 came out ahead with an impressive record breaking performance.

Kangaroo is up next.

Final standings:

RB5200 - 538,949 - RECORD BREAKER +11 +1 = +12

Cafeman - 394,197 - +10

Northcoastgamer - 231,129 +9

jeremiahjt - 63,934 +8

Mikey50 -  87,241 +7

rubeon - 71,296 +6

Two things. First, you have me in fourth instead of sixth.  Second, I did up my score yesterday to 73,276, which would put me in fifth, but it is after the cut off time.

8 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Two things. First, you have me in fourth instead of sixth.  Second, I did up my score yesterday to 73,276, which would put me in fifth, but it is after the cut off time.

Thank you for the correction.  (Whoever let me be in charge of something involving numbers?)