IGNORED

BANNED: Phoboz (Alexander von Knorring)

Albert

2 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

*sigh* There goes another talent from the Atari Jaguar scene. Phoboz builded his reputation with the games he worked on but but he had to throw it all away with the multi-accounts. That sucks royally... :(

Unless an AA ban is more drastic than I realize, Phoboz was not summarily executed. Now that he's not juggling multiple accounts, he should have more time for Jag coding while he thinks about what he done did.

image.thumb.png.bc63a75e32f63664d639ff6c9508d9c2.png

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Yeah, this is unfortunate on many levels. Obviously unacceptable behavior, but I'd certainly be interested in hearing Phoboz's explanation of things, or lacking one, an apology and some conditions under which he might get a second chance. More active developers is good for the boards in general IMHO. Not having him here is like not having an Oscar nominated or winning actor in the academy anymore, no... wait... bad analogy ;-)

While it excuses nothing, the tone of conversation on here frequently inspires people to behave... suboptimally. Lines have clearly been crossed here and it seems more of a concerted campaign than acting out when tempers were high, so it's not quite the same, but people do weird stuff and respond in many different ways when under stress.

I'm not saying I would do it (or condone it)...

All that said, that's just my $0.02, it's your site @Albert, you've been in this scene a lot longer than me, and I trust your judgement in the end. Do what you think is right.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Acting in this way is incredibly dishonest, destructive to the health of the community, and disrespectful of its members.  It is also blatantly against forum rules, and all four of the above accounts I described have now been banned.

Good work in uncovering bad behaviour, making swift decisions and keeping the discussion open to opinions. 

Now, would it be possible to also go down this path with the Intellivision Amico forum? Could you share your thoughts and decisions why it still remains hidden from the public? 

Just now, Wayler said:

Now, would it be possible to also go down this path with the Intellivision Amico forum? Could you share your thoughts and decisions why it still remains hidden from the public? 

No, that is not going to be discussed here, please keep this discussion on topic, thank you.

..Al

6 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

All that said, that's just my $0.02, it's your site @Albert, you've been in this scene a lot longer than me, and I trust your judgement in the end. Do what you think is right.

People don't get a pass just because they are a developer.  And I am generally not fast to ban someone in a situation like this -- this went on over a period of years with peteym5 before I finally had enough of his sock puppetry and banned him.  I had even previously warned him that if he did it again, I'd simply ban him permanently.  In the case of Phoboz, while I was skeptical of the Rogneda account (especially with comments like this), I didn't dig into it further at the time, except to ask Phoboz about it, and he explained it was his daughter's account.  But given this new Bulken account and how quickly it was posting in multiple Jaguar threads, I decided to act quickly.

..Al

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Gee! He lives in my city! No idea if we ever met, but quite likely we did.

Stop to ratsit the guy ;) (sorry private swedish joke).

More seriously, it's really sad to come to that... I hope he'll get a second chance in the future.

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

Why... what a waste.

Agreed. I really hope he finishes and releases the games he was working on, he came across as such a mild mannered, level headed guy, which in this forum says a lot…it ain’t easy to maintain your cool with all the toxicity around here.

A real shame for sure.

Edited by mdkdue
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, mdkdue said:

he came across as such a mild mannered, level headed guy, which in this forum says a lot…it ain’t easy to maintain your cool with all the toxicity around here.

A real shame for sure.

Well, seems he is not. Don't blame the forum for his flaws, he got a whole lot of support from fans, but obviously that was not enough for him. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mdkdue said:

Agreed. I really hope he finishes and releases the games he was working on, he came across as such a mild mannered, level headed guy, which in this forum says a lot…it ain’t easy to maintain your cool with all the toxicity around here.

Nobody twisted his arm to create multiple fake accounts.  But glad to see you're willing to give him a pass on that just so you can get more games to play.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, LordKraken said:

Stop to ratsit the guy ;) (sorry private swedish joke).

More seriously, it's really sad to come to that... I hope he'll get a second chance in the future.

I agree. We are not infallible, we make mistakes. Honestly I expected a warning for this nonsense charade of him, not a perma ban. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

I agree. We are not infallible, we make mistakes. Honestly I expected a warning for this nonsense charade of him, not a perma ban. 

I could have read it wrong, but.. I think when Albert questioned him about his "daughters" account that would've been my clue that my fake accounts were close to being found out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

I could have read it wrong, but.. I think when Albert questioned him about his "daughters" account that would've been my clue that my fake accounts were close to being found out.

Lol, Iam pretty sure he claimed "rogneda" was his son!

Edited by agradeneu
  • Haha 2

Hm, what a weird behaviour. It's not even that people weren't interest in his products because they were, so where is the point in trying to start a fake conversation with yourself...

But who knows, I mean it was already weird with the claims about the Phear code only to then to show his own prototype of such a game.

Shame really as he was productive and tackled a few projects that are missing on the Jag. Such is life I guess

• Like 3

17 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Well, seems he is not. Don't blame the forum for his flaws, he got a whole lot of support from fans, but obviously that was not enough for him. 

Do you know how much support? Like in dollars/sales? I figure he did this to try and make more money for his work by "promoting" it. 

• Like 1