IGNORED

How do i fix a squeaky FB joystick?

ElBajo

Hello, 

I know this is the 2600 topic section but I don’t think many people read the flashback section compared to this and i’m also not sure if there are really any differences apart from the buttons in Flashback joysticks compared to real 2600 joysticks. 

So i bought an Atari Flashback 11th Gold edition back like 2-3 weeks ago. For the first few uses the joystick was stiff and didn’t make any weird noises. I was always careful with them and have small hands too, but the joystick became so much more looser compared to how stiff it was. I don’t mind that tbh. (I never had any Atari hardware console before, so i don’t know if this is normal or not). 

But my only problem is with the squeaky noises it makes whenever i push the stick in almost any direction.

I can best describe it as when door hinges are old, you close the door and it makes that annoying squeaky noise. Then you put oil on the hinges and they stop making that noise. 

So is this the same with FB 11 joysticks? Do i just need to put some kind of lubricant on the rubber part, or open it up and put some inside as well? Just how do i fix it?

Thanks in advance!