IGNORED

SG-1000 Multi-cart for your ColecoVision!

TPR

Thanks to @Bomberman93 and @colecovisionfanforever for making a Phoenix console available to me to test with. And thanks to the technical insight from @Tursi , the cartridge is now working on the Phoenix console.

It turns out that the timing on the Phoenix console is just a little tighter compared to a real ColecoVision console.

If you are the owner of a Phoenix and have one of the cartridges from the first batch, please contact me to work out an exchange.

Also, if anyone has a spare Phoenix console available, send me a PM to make sure all future releases are Phoenix compatible.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Digital Fluff said:

Thanks to @Bomberman93 and @colecovisionfanforever for making a Phoenix console available to me to test with. And thanks to the technical insight from @Tursi , the cartridge is now working on the Phoenix console.

It turns out that the timing on the Phoenix console is just a little tighter compared to a real ColecoVision console.

If you are the owner of a Phoenix and have one of the cartridges from the first batch, please contact me to work out an exchange.

Also, if anyone has a spare Phoenix console available, send me a PM to make sure all future releases are Phoenix compatible.

This is great news.  Will you be taking orders again soon?  Phoenix compatability was the only thing stopping me from ordering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone in the USA tried to do a return to get a replacement?
I packed up the cart as light as possible, and it came to 3.6 ounces.

The cheapest the post office can ship it is via 1st class for $20, but they told me if I want to send it 1st class I need a bigger envelope for all the forms they have to attach.  Which will increase the weight and the cost :(
And this was setting the value a $1.00, they wouldn't let me do zero.
Plus they said a new rule went into affect March 1st that would cause @Digital Fluff to have to pay to receive it!
Shipping sucks

I was wondering if just sending the PCB without the case would be an option.  An just get a pcb and label returned.

Also, is there a battery in the cartridge?  They asked about that.  If there is, then it  probably need to be removed to ship using USPS.

Wanted to see if there were any other suggestions before I try shipping again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 9:43 PM, NIAD said:

The CV Core probably needs to be updated to support the bank-switching method used on the SG-1000 MultiCart just like MegaCart and SGM support had to be programmed into the Core to work with those carts. 

Is the phoenix even being updated anymore? I haven't been following it lately and I could be wrong but it seems like an abandoned project 

2 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Is the phoenix even being updated anymore? I haven't been following it lately and I could be wrong but it seems like an abandoned project 

Actually, it ended up being a timing issue between the Phoenix and Digital Fluff’s SG-1000 MultiCart. Good news is Digital Fluff was able to correct the issue in their cartridge code.

As far as Phoenix updates, what has been shared are those involved are busy finishing up other projects and further Phoenix updates won’t be possible until those other projects are completed.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/13/2023 at 7:49 PM, wongojack said:

This is great news.  Will you be taking orders again soon?  Phoenix compatability was the only thing stopping me from ordering.

I was wondering if the card becomes available again. The website still tells me that new orders won't be accepted. I would love to have one (Phoenix compatible would be nice).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...