IGNORED

NTSC to PAL - I need help

kikipdph

"I'm new to Batari Basic and I've finished my first video game. Now I want to have a version for PAL color TV system. However, when I put the PAL TV set, nothing changes. I found that they recommend not changing the TV set but only the contents, which I did, but the colors are now completely different when viewed through the Stella emulator. Where did I go wrong and what exactly do I need to do to make it work correctly? I forgot to mention that it's for DPC+."

7 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

I followed all the instructions, but I don't have the opportunity to try it on a TV, maybe that's how it's supposed to be, but Stella shows me completely different colors

You can check to see which TV mode Stella is using by hitting Alt-L to show the Console Info.  It will appear in the upper left corner of the window.   You can use Ctrl-F to switch TV modes.

Stella can be told which TV mode to use with a ROM file by appending _NTSC, _PAL60, _PAL50, etc... to the filename.  i.e.   MyGame_NTSC.bin

5 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

You can check to see which TV mode Stella is using by hitting Alt-L to show the Console Info.  It will appear in the upper left corner of the window.   You can use Ctrl-F to switch TV modes.

Stella can be told which TV mode to use with a ROM file by appending _NTSC, _PAL60, _PAL50, etc... to the filename.  i.e.   MyGame_NTSC.bin

Thank you very much, you have helped me a lot. It just needed to be changed to the Pal system in Stella.