IGNORED

Possible error in the fujinet wiki

In the Fuinet wiki here; https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Using-the-N%3A-Device

there's a note on 'smoke-testing' the N: device asking the user to try this from BASIC:-

RUN "N:HTTP://FUJINET-TESTING.IRATA.ONLINE/BLACKJACK.BAS"

Am I right in thinking this won't work as 'BLACKJACK.BAS' is 9.3 character filename ?

Doesn't work on my Altirra-based config - I get an Error- 130.

Whereas if I do an NCOPY of the same filename to say d3:BLAKJACK.BAS it copies over fine & I can then run the game in BASIC from my local D3: drive.

As ever thanks for any advice.

sigh. Dude. 

No. 

The 8.3 filename is solely a limitation of the underlying DOS filesystem.

CIO will happily take a devicespec of any length, terminated by an EOL ($9B), so the N: device can handle filenames with larger filenames from other filesystems. THIS IS THE POINT.

Error 130 is "Nonexistant Handler" ... It means the N: device handler isn't loaded, load or copy any DOS disk from the apps.irata.online/Atari_8-Bit/DOS/ and it will load this handler into memory. It is also available as NDEV.COM on fnc-tools.atr

-Thom

Edited by tschak909

On 3/14/2023 at 9:50 PM, tschak909 said:

sigh. Dude. 

No. 

The 8.3 filename is solely a limitation of the underlying DOS filesystem.

CIO will happily take a devicespec of any length, terminated by an EOL ($9B), so the N: device can handle filenames with larger filenames from other filesystems. THIS IS THE POINT.

Error 130 is "Nonexistant Handler" ... It means the N: device handler isn't loaded, load or copy any DOS disk from the apps.irata.online/Atari_8-Bit/DOS/ and it will load this handler into memory. It is also available as NDEV.COM on fnc-tools.atr

-Thom

Ah ok thanks for that Thom - not complaining at all but I do find the documentation a bit hard to follow & so make mistakes :)

• Like 1