IGNORED

Cattle Battle! New TI game.

Retrospect

CATTLE8.BIN < Play on emulator or burn on to EPROM for real machines
CATTLEG.BIN < Play on emulator or for use on FINALGROM on real machines
CATTLE-E,CATTLE-FCATTLE-G < - Editor Assembler , load with option 5
CATTLE-X < Load with Extended Basic 

CATTLE BATTLE!

Ya'll gonna have a rootin' tootin' good time with this one folks.

You've got a cattle ranch to look after, and as if that ain't hard 'nuff these pesky varmint Aliens keep invading to try and eat your darn cows!

How long can you defend them for?  Each round has a timer counting down to zero ... then it's the Cattle Bonus stage, any cows remaining gets you a bonus.  

When that's done, you're back on the ranch but you'll have to survive a second longer each time!

Shoot the Aliens to stop them eating your cows .. but watch 'em 'cos they're after YOU too! 

Mind you don't shoot your own cows, if all cows are dead it's game over.  

Music by @OLD CS1 and might I say what a fantastic tune it is.  

• Like 24

24 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

The theme song, "My Old Kentucky Home," has a deceptively slow pace.  The gameplay is fast and furious fun, but not completely out of control.  Just try not to shoot Ol' Bessie!

Yeah, I'm doing way more harm than good so far, if you're looking at things from the herd's perspective.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

At first I thought you did this in Forth and thought holy cow he learned fast!!! :lol:

haha!  oh , I wish!  ... Having said that, I do have a schooner on the screen in forth now, and with brian's help, a border.  Oh and I displayed the large letters for the title.  In forth.  

Give it a few years Walid and you never know, I might have a game out, ha  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

haha!  oh , I wish!  ... Having said that, I do have a schooner on the screen in forth now, and with brian's help, a border.  Oh and I displayed the large letters for the title.  In forth.  

Give it a few years Walid and you never know, I might have a game out, ha  

I was always impressed by the powerful of Forth and always would have liked to learn programming with it , but I never had the courage to start. I hope one day.
So I want to salute your will power and enthusiasm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fabrice montupet said:

I was always impressed by the powerful of Forth and always would have liked to learn programming with it , but I never had the courage to start. I hope one day.

Si vous voulez commencer... ;)

Data and the Forth Stack

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

cheers Fabrice.  It is quite something, to take on ... After I learn enough Forth I want to dip into Assembly.  Then I can support more languages with games.  I'll be supporting XB Compiled, RXB , Forth, Assembly.  Different sort of games for each platform.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JB said:

I just want to add that "Cattle Battle" is a wonderful name. Game of the year on title alone.

thanks, I was quite pleased with it when I thought of it .  It was gonna be called "Cattle Mutilators From Outer Space" but then I figured I didn't have enough width to display that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1