IGNORED

Assembloids Lynx available as CIB :)

enthusi

Finally was able to purchase a copy.  I don't know what was causing my issues before, but I had to use Chrome in Incognito mode and allow 3rd party cookies.  Looking forward to checking this out.  I've been really enjoying the Lynx all over again since updating to a new screen (McWill).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

I've been really enjoying the Lynx all over again since updating to a new screen (McWill).

I love the McWill. What a difference! I have two Lynx IIs, both with McWills and one has VGA output too.

Glad you were able to purchase a copy. This game feels right at home on the Lynx.👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 12:33 PM, Stephen said:

Finally was able to purchase a copy.  I don't know what was causing my issues before, but I had to use Chrome in Incognito mode and allow 3rd party cookies.  Looking forward to checking this out.  I've been really enjoying the Lynx all over again since updating to a new screen (McWill).

That was fast!  My copy arrived today in perfect condition.  I plan on opening it up and trying this evening.  Forgot to mention - I got #50.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@enthusi - can the download release of Assembloids be used alongside the cartridge release in a high score competition? I’d like to use it for May’s indie competition to celebrate the release and populate your score board a little more. In my playing the scores seemed similar but I am not very good.

Hi,

sorry for the delay in my reply.

They are game-play wise almost identical but not quite 100%.

What affects the game and hence the scores is an additional animation once you have completed a 'full face'.

This introduces a slightly longer pause before the next piece comes after a full face. 

It is a tiny difference but might affect the maximum reachable scores when you get some extra fraction of a second for this - which is also why we resetted our online highscore.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, enthusi said:

Hi,

sorry for the delay in my reply.

They are game-play wise almost identical but not quite 100%.

What affects the game and hence the scores is an additional animation once you have completed a 'full face'.

This introduces a slightly longer pause before the next piece comes after a full face. 

It is a tiny difference but might affect the maximum reachable scores when you get some extra fraction of a second for this - which is also why we resetted our online highscore.

The cartridge version has the additional animation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I thought you had to have a score submitted by June 1st to get full points.

You do also get bonus points if your best score for the year was in the month we originally played the game, but I don’t think any one game will affect that much - it’s more about consistency.

The game-specific bonus points for Assembloids are for submitting a high score to @enthusi, and those are open all season.