IGNORED

Berzerk (Atari 2600 version) in the VCS Store

davpa

I don’t seem to be able to purchase the game, I keep get redirected to a Server Error screen? I’ve tried around 10 times now to purchase it and what’s more annoying is the only way I can get out of the Server Error screen is to physically reset the Atari VCS each time, I cant back out the screen using the controller or keyboard. 

98A41EEA-2646-495A-9A0C-4E91A128F81F.jpeg

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS

While this is not a specific Berzerk problem, or even the fault of the VCS or Atari's backend, the VCS Store should be up and running fine now.  There was an issue with an eCommerce section that was causing the issue.  Atari spent some quality time talking to a few Customer Support (and probably a bit of Musak) but things seem to be good now.

5 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

That was quick. Are they using the correct box art? It really bugs me that they do not use the correct box art for Adventure.

You mean using the Silver Box style for the pre-82 2600 games?  That bugs me too...

17 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

You mean using the Silver Box style for the pre-82 2600 games?  That bugs me too...

Yep, they have the correct box art for Breakout, so it should be easy to have the correct Adventure box art.  I wish they would have the silver box art for Gravitar too, but it was released in the red box also.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Yep, they have the correct box art for Breakout, so it should be easy to have the correct Adventure box art.  I wish they would have the silver box art for Gravitar too, but it was released in the red box also.

b_Gravitar_Silver_front.jpgb_Gravitar_Red_front.jpg

Yeah, the intended silver box for Gravitar does looks nicer.

The silver box art I was talking about are the fake ones made by other people, there's a lot of them used by the LaunchBox front-end  for some reason...

And on Atari Flashbacks for homebrews & prototype games as well.

image.jpg

Does Atari still have customer support on Discord for VCS store issues? My Berzerk purchased disappeared after I tried to download the game. The same thing happened to me with my Atari 50 purchase. (I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time. That storefront has been very unreliable for me. Maybe it's because I'm in a non-US location?)

I have email proof and I was hoping everything could get resolved faster via Discord than by going through emails with customer support.

2 hours ago, atwwong said:

Does Atari still have customer support on Discord for VCS store issues? My Berzerk purchased disappeared after I tried to download the game. The same thing happened to me with my Atari 50 purchase. (I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time. That storefront has been very unreliable for me. Maybe it's because I'm in a non-US location?)

I have email proof and I was hoping everything could get resolved faster via Discord than by going through emails with customer support.

They sure do, if you hop on Discord I’m sure they will fix your problem immediately. This seems to be a common problem, but one I’ve luckily been able to avoid and I’m in a non US location so I don’t think that’s the problem. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, atwwong said:

Just like @Atari_JaguarVCSsaid, check out the VCS Discord server and ping either Ashlee Scarcella or davpa.  They will get you sorted very quickly.  I see you are from Canada, this could be the reason for the issue.  The payment service they use has trouble processing Canadian payments for some reason.  I have had this issue twice and I live in the U.S.  It is annoying and a minor inconvenience but they should be able to set you right very quickly.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:45 PM, MrMaddog said:

Yeah, the intended silver box for Gravitar does looks nicer.

The silver box art I was talking about are the fake ones made by other people, there's a lot of them used by the LaunchBox front-end  for some reason...

For a game launcher, you want a nice clean image with no stickers, price tags, tears, nicks, etc.    So sometimes when populating a game launcher, you'll go with the inferior box art or a fake mock-up because you can't obtain a good, clean image of the preferable box-art.   Silver boxes aren't the best for scanning as they can reflect too much light.   It's hard to find good scans of silver Imagic game boxes for example.

Just now, Flojomojo said:

The title font looks odd in that silver-box Berzerk virtual box image. They might as well use the online image generator for imaginary Atari cartridge art. 

(Yeah I’m just salty because we non-VCS’ers don’t get to throw money at this happy surprise acquisition)

That silver box Berzerk in the video is something that whoever made the video did. When I bought Berzerk from the VCS store it had the green box.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

That silver box Berzerk in the video is something that whoever made the video did. When I bought Berzerk from the VCS store it had the green box.

I thought that's what used for the VCS store until I watched an actual playthrough in a different video, so that was my mistake. 

I apologize for derailing the topic with some silly rant about box art. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway I enjoy the 2600 version of Berzerk even though it's slightly different from the arcade & 5200 versions, in that the robots fire way more mercilessly...

On 1/8/2023 at 12:10 AM, Atari2600PAL said:

On 3/19/2023 at 2:10 PM, joeatari1 said:

Just like @Atari_JaguarVCSsaid, check out the VCS Discord server and ping either Ashlee Scarcella or davpa.  They will get you sorted very quickly.  I see you are from Canada, this could be the reason for the issue.  The payment service they use has trouble processing Canadian payments for some reason.  I have had this issue twice and I live in the U.S.  It is annoying and a minor inconvenience but they should be able to set you right very quickly.  Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. Just like last time, Ashlee fixed up everything for me. Cheers for all the help.

Edited by atwwong
Quoted wrong message.
  • Like 3

The customer service team behind the  Atari VCS 800 is the best I’ve known and dealt with. I’ve dealt with customer support on every other platform out there at one time or another and it’s mostly been a nightmare and ended up in more frustration, but with the VCS if you get a problem your taken care of from the moment you reach out. 

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

The customer service team behind the  Atari VCS 800 is the best I’ve known and dealt with. I’ve dealt with customer support on every other platform out there at one time or another and it’s mostly been a nightmare and ended up in more frustration, but with the VCS if you get a problem your taken care of from the moment you reach out. 

I generally agree. I've had a couple of VCS issues (mostly pretty minor stuff) but they have been responsive, helpful, and fast. It might be the benefit of having Atari be a smaller company with a smaller install base than many other video game options, but credit where credit is due, the customer support is great.

• Like 1