IGNORED

Robozone 2099

Retrospect

Blog about an upcoming game.  I'm feeling okay to do this.  There IS another game in the pipeline, but it's a rude one, and will be put into my rude thread (ya'll know which one)

This will be a longer project , as I'm also learning Forth at the moment and I'm balancing everything nice and evenly .... I think .... 

So I wanted to do another game, but for now, not another "Schooner" game, one with slightly bigger graphics.

So far we have robots roaming around, aimlessly for now, and player sprite is in.  Robots are in all different colors just to look nice.

Explosion sounds are not right yet.  But I'm happy with the flash it does for the explosion. 

Program recorded from JS99er.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

So the robots now chase the player around the screen and can be killed.  Also a little transition effect before the game screen appears.  Pretty standard stuff.  Next up is player score displayed on screen.

Dare I say:  run, Benny, run!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Retrospect said:

There IS another game in the pipeline, but it's a rude one, and will be put into my rude thread (ya'll know which one)

Best news i've heard all week! "rude"/"adult" titles like "seek and destroy II" is actually one of my favorite parts of these retro computers.

Don't know how many more "rude" games you plan on making, but they should eventually all be put into a single cart image ;-).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Don't know how many more "rude" games you plan on making,

The one that's coming up is actually a request for a conversion of an old PC public domain game that's in really awful taste.  If it can be done, it'll be done.  It's on my to-do list.  :)  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Retrospect said:

So the robots now chase the player around the screen and can be killed.  Also a little transition effect before the game screen appears.  Pretty standard stuff.  Next up is player score displayed on screen.

Hilarious!  btw the effect to create the bad guys should contract to the spot they appear instead of moving away from it, iMHO. ..and then when you shoot one the effect you have now for when they are placed could be used.  :)

Edited by retrodroid

1 hour ago, retrodroid said:

btw the effect to create the bad guys should contract to the spot they appear instead of moving away from it, iMHO. ..and then when you shoot one the effect you have now for when they are placed could be used

That's true , very good point.