IGNORED

Preservation of the artefacts of early digital era

krap

Hi!

I'm lurking here for quite some time, with some minimal activity, so I suppose it would be good to properly introduce myself.

My name is Maciej, on the Polish atari scene going by the nick Krap. I use 8-bit Atari since 1988, mostly as a user, and archivist of the old software, especially the cassettes.

I'm pursuing my PhD on the subject of the preservation of the artefacts of the early digital era, and it would be a great privilege to include you in the survey I'm doing regarding the topic.

Poland had a very strong 8-bit Atari presence in home market back in the days, and for much longer it might be anticipated, mainly due to the iron curtain and the geopolitical situation, so our perspective is a little bit biased. I would love to add many different perspectives to the pot, hence my post here.

If you could spare 10 to 15 minutes of your time to participate in the survey I've linked below, it would mean a lot to me.

https://sprw.io/stt-bmmGLDBBiDFK3mESBXRVr5

Thank you in advance!

-- 

maciej grzeszczuk

(krap)

Edited by krap
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

If the browser window is too small there might be some rows hidden to be scrolled down.

Please try to scroll with the cursor in the middle of the screen, on the actual rows, maybe it will help.

I've tried adjusting the number of questions so that it will not happen for most of the time, but the survey suite is not perfect, sorry about that.

-- 

mg

I figured it out and...

I had only one choice and that was to make the scaling small and use a magnifying glass to see and make selections, I completed the survey but might have some mistakes due to trying to re answer the questions a few times up until hitting the 91 percent wall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krap said:

Hmm, The link is light green on a white BG. I'm in Dark Mode. Oh well, that's a CSS problem.

In any case, I cannot access this link in any browser due to it returning an invalid response.

Firefox says:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to sprw.io. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Chrome and (ugh) Edge say:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
sprw.io sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I had no issues with Chrome. I had to scroll down for a few questions, but I use a larger than average font size.

@krap I appreciate the privacy/personal information notice at the beginning! A significant part of my job concerns ensuring compliance with privacy legislation.   

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I would like to thank all the persons that dedicated 15 minutes of their life to fill out the survey. It is great!

It is very important to me to get various perspectives.

I have most of my responses now from the Eastern Bloc, which is to be expected, as this is "my bubble", but this is only one way of seeing things.

However, if you can spare 15 minutes of your time and help me get out of my bubble, I'd really appreciate that.

If can reach people in your social bubbles, or even outside them, to participate in my study, that is even better.

If so, please feel free to use and distribute the link to the survey:

https://sprw.io/stt-bmmGLDBBiDFK3mESBXRVr5

It should work fine on most browsers, both desktop and mobile.

Thank you very much!