IGNORED

Switch Metroid controller.

Elvis

9 hours ago, Elvis said:

Ok I do not own a Switch. But at Ross Dress For Less I got a Switch Metroid controller. I can use it on my Evercade, PC etc.. I like the way it is made. Metroid artwork looks cool. 

It is made well. I may as well one day buy a Switch. 

images (43).jpeg

download (7).jpeg

That is a neat looking controller.  If you do end up buying a Switch, get the OLED model.

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

What is that? 

It's what a lot of people got all pissed and whining about a couple years back thinking Nintendo would dump the Switch at its peak sales for a PRO unit with the primary hardware upgraded, and well...they didn't.

Switch OLED has a slightly larger super high quality OLED panel.  There were more fixes/upgrades too.  Superior speakers both in quality/placement for richer handheld audio.  The dock is 4K ready(not sure why) and also added a wired net connection.  The base unit handheld has a far more rugged and robust frame and plastic quality, it's not brittle and weak as the original.  The body also has a large part of the back work as the full stand, not that crappy twig of an easily snapped/bent twig the original had.  There are other little tidbits, less notable really, but for a $50 price increase it super well pays for itself.  And if that adds a bite, they can be had on the after market, sales, or NOA store sold refurbs closer to $300 (if not less if lucky.)

My original launch plastics started to heat brittle and degrade.  I was basically forced into trying to reshell and rehab the mess of it, but had an offer for the tablet alone for $100 and sold it, kept the joycons as I had a fresh pair of new ones over the heat issue and also the ribbon thing busted on one internally the hair thin snap, and paid $250 for it.  Immediately upon use I had no more regrets, hell of a stack of fixes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's what a lot of people got all pissed and whining about a couple years back thinking Nintendo would dump the Switch at its peak sales for a PRO unit with the primary hardware upgraded, and well...they didn't.

Switch OLED has a slightly larger super high quality OLED panel.  There were more fixes/upgrades too.  Superior speakers both in quality/placement for richer handheld audio.  The dock is 4K ready(not sure why) and also added a wired net connection.  The base unit handheld has a far more rugged and robust frame and plastic quality, it's not brittle and weak as the original.  The body also has a large part of the back work as the full stand, not that crappy twig of an easily snapped/bent twig the original had.  There are other little tidbits, less notable really, but for a $50 price increase it super well pays for itself.  And if that adds a bite, they can be had on the after market, sales, or NOA store sold refurbs closer to $300 (if not less if lucky.)

My original launch plastics started to heat brittle and degrade.  I was basically forced into trying to reshell and rehab the mess of it, but had an offer for the tablet alone for $100 and sold it, kept the joycons as I had a fresh pair of new ones over the heat issue and also the ribbon thing busted on one internally the hair thin snap, and paid $250 for it.  Immediately upon use I had no more regrets, hell of a stack of fixes.

Great to know. I might get a Switch one day. And that is great info. What is the cost of a Switch? I could look it up but since you own one what is the cost new and used? 

@Elvis
$300 - OG Switch

$350 - OLED Switch

$200 - Switch Lite (handheld only)

That's MSRP, they can be had for less on the after market both as a new and most definitely used product, largely though if you avoid some limited type (like the pokemon models) where scalping garbage people ask a premium.  I've seen on marketplaces the lite go as low as $100-120 range in good shape secondhand.

The only benefit of the lite is the durable rounded shell and lack of the HDMI/DOCK/Joycon pop offs so you pay a 1/3 less.  You get a slightly smaller and slightly darker than normal model screen but still ever as sharp and made for portability, but no stand, so even if you do get joycons or a pro controller you'll have to lean it on something to play with friends on it or to use a game that requires them to be playable at all which is an inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:55 PM, Tanooki said:

@Elvis
$300 - OG Switch

$350 - OLED Switch

$200 - Switch Lite (handheld only)

That's MSRP, they can be had for less on the after market both as a new and most definitely used product, largely though if you avoid some limited type (like the pokemon models) where scalping garbage people ask a premium.  I've seen on marketplaces the lite go as low as $100-120 range in good shape secondhand.

The only benefit of the lite is the durable rounded shell and lack of the HDMI/DOCK/Joycon pop offs so you pay a 1/3 less.  You get a slightly smaller and slightly darker than normal model screen but still ever as sharp and made for portability, but no stand, so even if you do get joycons or a pro controller you'll have to lean it on something to play with friends on it or to use a game that requires them to be playable at all which is an inconvenience.

Nice to know. Thanks.