IGNORED

Skyhammer Guide

Mr.JT

I've looked but without success for a guide to Skyhammer (assuming its maybe not needed as most levels are obvious)?  However I'm stuck in Jericho trying to find the 'hidden weapons sheds' in Zone 3.  The mission where you are supposed to find them, destroy them and then take one of the weapons to use in 'part 2' of the mission.  I've literally looked everywhere and can't seem to find them - anyone have any clues / can point to it on the map!?

Thanks!

JT

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr.JT said:

I've looked but without success for a guide to Skyhammer (assuming its maybe not needed as most levels are obvious)?  However I'm stuck in Jericho trying to find the 'hidden weapons sheds' in Zone 3.  The mission where you are supposed to find them, destroy them and then take one of the weapons to use in 'part 2' of the mission.  I've literally looked everywhere and can't seem to find them - anyone have any clues / can point to it on the map!?

Thanks!

JT

Which coordinates is the scaner throwing You. Do yo have a screenshot? If it is the one i'm thinking of, then that one is Hidden within a building. 

Oh, i thought you were in Troy. Anyway, the depots are usually located close to the cybermarket points.

Edited by KidGameR186496
Misunderstanding
  • Like 1

I beat the game last year, and as a recall the sheds are always located in an open area and are heavily see defended with tanks and turrets. Also, the little marker on your HUD should get you close by to the objective. Best I can remember, there were no objectives in buildings, though sometimes they are in courtyards. Also, when looking for pods/ data, see sometimes they are on top of buildings. Hope that helps

• Like 2

I really loved Skyhammer when I first got it from Songbird and put some serious time in it. I just wish Rebellion had a little bit more time for it. I had a crash with one of the large battlegroups and then I don't quite remember if my savegame was botched or whatever but I never seriously got back to it.

It's an awesome game otherwise, I really liked the setting and the atmosphere. I thought about picking back up trying to finish it via emulator and the possibility to save anytime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Songbird said:

That's cool @RollOut! I have not heard of many fans actually making it to the end of the game. :)

Thanks for the cart, man. I had fun with the game. It is a very impressive accomplishment from the perspective of what could be done with the hardware. There are a few bugs floating around (to be expected given that it wasn't quite ready for final release), but I was able to work through them. I found a reoccurring bug was that entering certain sections of a city would result in the game freezing. To get around it, I would just load a previous save and take another mission (they are procedurally generated, so just like for one that takes you to a different section). Once I got through another mission or two, I could go back to the section that was buggy, and it wouldn't be an issue anymore, so I could finish that section. I had to do that a couple of times, but I could always continue my progress that way, and eventually got to the end.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RollOut said:

Thanks for the cart, man. I had fun with the game. It is a very impressive accomplishment from the perspective of what could be done with the hardware. There are a few bugs floating around (to be expected given that it wasn't quite ready for final release), but I was able to work through them. I found a reoccurring bug was that entering certain sections of a city would result in the game freezing. To get around it, I would just load a previous save and take another mission (they are procedurally generated, so just like for one that takes you to a different section). Once I got through another mission or two, I could go back to the section that was buggy, and it wouldn't be an issue anymore, so I could finish that section. I had to do that a couple of times, but I could always continue my progress that way, and eventually got to the end.

Awesome. How did you manage the big battlegroups? For me the game would regulary crash there. At some point I got used to fly by radar and just bomb everything from above so that the engine would not come to a halt and eventually crash. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Awesome. How did you manage the big battlegroups? For me the game would regulary crash there. At some point I got used to fly by radar and just bomb everything from above so that the engine would not come to a halt and eventually crash. 

Bingo. A couple of nukes thins out the ranks, and then go in low and clean up the leftovers 

5 hours ago, RollOut said:

Yup, that's certainly Troy the city you're describing. 

7 hours ago, Songbird said:

Interesting to hear. I made it over 20 hours into the campaign, and I think to the third city, and never saw a bug or crash. However I did not reach the end. But it's good to hear you can work around it.

Yeah it doesn't happen every time, it's a possibility and the odds are bigger with really big enemy groups.

There was also some other bug when exiting the shops, but I don't quite remember how that was. I just know that the workaround was to immediately reenter the shop after saving and then leave and continue the mission.  

So yeah you can make it far into the game if you are careful. 

I started a new play yesterday, was inspired by this thread.:)

• Like 3

Crazy how in 2023, we still don't have full longplay videos on YouTube for so many Jaguar games. The only videos I've seen that show the end bosses of I-War and Defender 2000 were from Second Opinion Games.

Maybe that'll start changing with the arrival of BigPEmu and possibility of save states (I know Jag emus previously existed, but still).

On 3/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

The only videos I've seen that show the end bosses of I-War and Defender 2000 were from Second Opinion Games.

Only video of I-War I could find a year or two ago was apparently emulated poorly with loads of dropped frames and thoroughly janky music. It was around that time I attempted to find longplays of Robotron and Zookeeper, and could only find ones that stated a cheat was used when down to one life, but in actuality, the player spent the entirety of the games running straight through enemies, which was particularly aggravating in Zookeeper since the point is jumping tons of animals for huge points. Oi.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

Which coordinates is the scaner throwing You. Do yo have a screenshot? If it is the one i'm thinking of, then that one is Hidden within a building. 

Oh, i thought you were in Troy. Anyway, the depots are usually located close to the cybermarket points.

Sorry took me a while to get back on the Jaguar! It’s somewhere in zone 3, Jericho, top right of the map…. The centre point is around the 3 round looking buildings not the white square which is a bit misleading. Can anyone point to where the objective is on here!?

(I found an open area on the roof here which I’d not found before. Shot out like 38 turrets but still didn’t find a ‘shed’?!).

1BECAF40-7DF1-4D1C-B785-C493986FBC5E.jpeg

Edited by Mr.JT

8 hours ago, Mr.JT said:

Sorry took me a while to get back on the Jaguar! It’s somewhere in zone 3, Jericho, top right of the map…. The centre point is around the 3 round looking buildings not the white square which is a bit misleading. Can anyone point to where the objective is on here!?

(I found an open area on the roof here which I’d not found before. Shot out like 38 turrets but still didn’t find a ‘shed’?!).

1BECAF40-7DF1-4D1C-B785-C493986FBC5E.jpeg

Sheds are not on the roof but on the ground instead.

7 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Sheds are not on the roof but on the ground instead.

That was my experience too. Other items like data pods can be on the roof, but sheds are always on the ground. They are also usually heavily defended. Usually, I just fly around the sector and wait to get shot at. The sheds are usually close by