IGNORED

Your sweetest moments in classic gaming

Hello fellow sweet-toothers,

today at the checkout of the supermarket I was in a good mood and smiling. When the cashier lady was scanning the product she seemed to be very happy to see me smiling and was smiling back at me. This was very sweet to me. I really love the sweetness, that shared happiness brings. Some people when they are smiling they have a particularly sweet charm to them. It is very special to me and I cherish those moments very much.

Please share your sweetest moments in classic gaming.

• Confused 1

My dad was an avid golfer. As years passed, he became unable to play.

One night, I suggested he try Intellivision PGA golf with me. He played a few holes to get the hang of it, and then we played a match. He beat me quite handily, taking shots (and making them) that I never would have thought of. It was the only time we got to play together.

One of my favorite memories.

I miss you, dad and mom. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Albert said:

Yet the example you posted has absolutely nothing to do with classic gaming.

..Al

Okay, I can give an example myself. If your example is different that's fine.

One of my sweetest moment in gaming is playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva - Nekomimi switch.

She dances so gracefully, the love for classical form in the music. It is like a synth-pop-orchestra. The playful joy and cheerfulness. It is great fun and I was touched by it. And it does all this while staying clean. This is the fun I like, it is so sweet. A glimpse of civilisation.

All the great happy times of bringing home the Atari 2600. And eventually playing both it and the arcades (as I became old enough to attend them on my own).

Then there was a long 10-year interlude when I didn't play Atari or cartridge-systems. From like around 1986 to 1996 give or take.

Then all of a sudden emulators burst on the scene. It was black magic, a deal with the devil it seemed, that I could play all the old console games again. AND all the arcades while holed up in my mom's basement skipping school and quitting work. And all that delinquent stuff.

• Like 2

An actual real sweet moments you ask? Aside from discovering emulation and making my AIO come true? .. There's so many choices and moments to pick from.

All the early Apple II games. Playing them on a single-board micro

Getting new cartridges from department stores 1977-1984.

Testing prototype vector games for Bally/Midway at PinPan Alley.

Experiencing the new era of DOS gaming on 486 machines. Such an iconic time.

..and many more to come.

• Like 2

So back when I was a kid (late 80’s or early 90’s) a buddy of mines dad travelled to Japan for work. He came back with this game cartridge about half the size of a nes cart. And you plugged the game cart into this other adapter that said honeybee and stuck that in an nes and apparently we were playing super Mario brothers 3. But that was impossible cause there was no Mario 3. This was way before the internet where I assumed the world was flat and Japan was another planet. So playing the famicom version of Mario 3 on my nes before it was even out in the states was pretty sweet

• Like 1