IGNORED

Last chance (probably!) to get the Teak faceplate!

Mockduck

12 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I did not even notice the faceplate being different by looking at it.  Are the faceplate and being numbered the only two things that makes it a collector's edition?

The faceplates are different I’ve attached a photo from my own collection. The bottom is a collector edition numbered VCS with the top being the walnut wood grain . I’ve just picked up a collectors edition for my friend, tempted to keep it for myself but I have x2 collectors editions, the onyx model and the walnut edition. I was supposed to be giving my friend the Onxy but my boy has just been upgraded to a collectors edition. 

13094990-9953-4454-96A6-905E330A83A6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I did not even notice the faceplate being different by looking at it.  Are the faceplate and being numbered the only two things that makes it a collector's edition?

Yes, although the original boxes also had a "certificate of authenticity" and a promo card with a discount for Antstream, so slightly different packaging inside. 

Oh I thought from the thread title someone was selling just the face plates :(

Oh well,  I don't even know why I want one so much,  in general I dislike wood-grained electronics and I should just be happy with my black onyx  :lol:

Edited by zzip

On 3/28/2023 at 1:14 AM, Mockduck said:
On 3/28/2023 at 12:03 AM, jeremiahjt said:

Yes, although the original boxes also had a "certificate of authenticity" and a promo card with a discount for Antstream, so slightly different packaging inside. 

@Mockduck How do you know the original box is different from this set of 100?

7 hours ago, Dionoid said:

I don't! I would assume it is the same as the original box, as I think these are just leftovers from that initial shipment and maybe a few unopened and returned boxes. Will be interesting to see if the now-outdated Antstream promo is in there. Unfortunately, it is the only piece of the original box I was unable to preserve, as it fell victim to a spilled child drink. :) 

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2023 at 5:47 PM, Mockduck said:
On 3/29/2023 at 10:43 AM, Dionoid said:

I don't! I would assume it is the same as the original box, as I think these are just leftovers from that initial shipment and maybe a few unopened and returned boxes. Will be interesting to see if the now-outdated Antstream promo is in there. Unfortunately, it is the only piece of the original box I was unable to preserve, as it fell victim to a spilled child drink. :) 

Sorry, I misread your answer. I also think these are leftovers from the original batch (maybe meant as back-up in case someone had a faulty machine and needed a replacement).

By the way: I see the collector's edition box clearly has that stated on the box itself.

image.thumb.png.a2c2c6debbb1ca7dd1032e6534ea1e05.png

Edited by Dionoid

6 hours ago, Dionoid said:

Sorry, I misread your answer. I also think these are leftovers from the original batch (maybe meant as back-up in case someone had a faulty machine and needed a replacement).

By the way: I see the collector's edition box clearly has that stated on the box itself.

image.thumb.png.a2c2c6debbb1ca7dd1032e6534ea1e05.png

Yeah, you figure as a business you probably want to reserve something like 10% for replacements, promo units, that kind of thing, and this is probably the remnants of that. 

• Like 3

On 3/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, Mockduck said:

I still don't like the fact that my Onyx model didn't come with any certificate even though it was a backer.