IGNORED

Space Taxi - A8B version

Andreatari

Dear friends,

I know, we all had to wait a lot but now we're really close to the target 🤗💪
There are still minor bugs (i.e. PM garbage during the levels loading and sound conflicts in some level) and honestly something can be improved but the game is complete and it will defintely be released!

During the next weekend, our friend @Philsan will help me to test the game in order to have a first, beta release in the shortest possible time... It doesn't mean that it will be already perfect, but probably you could play a good version of Space Taxi on Atari 8 Bit in a couple of months 🔝

By now, you can give a look the a couple of videos of the Morning Shift  in NTSC and PAL version (the game automatically recognize the type of machines and change the colors accordingly).
The next work-in-progress update is planned for the middle of the next week... stay tuned 😎

Andrea 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 6

Hmmmm,

looking at your test equipment, I am a bit unsure if the game runs from:

- AVG cart

- Fujinet

Think of these 6 devices, only 3 or 4 will run the game.

And do not forget to test the game as a 60 or 70 year old Atarian with slowwwww reflexes.

If the game does not work with slow reflexes, we need a super-easy mode for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

And do not forget to test the game as a 60 or 70 year old Atarian with slowwwww reflexes.

If the game does not work with slow reflexes, we need a super-easy mode for it.

If you fail, you still can call a Space Taxi for your personal transportation.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

@Philsan is still helping me testing Space Taxi for A8B... we are not so far from a public beta version 😎 

A few info:
1 loading and 1 final screen, a couple of menues, 25 levels each one with different difficulties and challenges, P/M objects and several software sprites, about 200 DLIs, dozens of different char sets, mixed char/hires graphic modes, up to 20 colors simultaneously on screen, NTSC/PAL compatibility, a complete document with info and tricks about the game (in Italian and in English), the famous speech synthesis (on 128K machines) and, last but not least, the playability is really good!

Here's a video with the 8 levels of Day Shift (I've not finished it because the Blizzard level is very difficult... maybe we could think to slow a bit the snowflakes 🤔)

Edited by Andreatari
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Looks good, though I know little of this game and it's history.

How's the speech done?  It seems a bit distorted as if using delay loops instead of Pokey timers (which would probably help it considerably)

Right now I think it sounds a bit better than the Sid, would be amazing to make it sound cleaner.  Mainly because I still maintain POKEY is better than SID.

• Like 2