IGNORED

"Cart Connection Fault Please remove, clean and reinsert the Gamedrive cart"

ZOMB0BBY

Consistently receiving this error message after not using Gamedrive for a couple months.

"Cart Connection Fault
Please remove, clean and reinsert the Gamedrive cart"

Cart is new and has been used less than 5 times prior, and the console itself is also in immaculate condition.

My copy of Cybermorph plays perfectly, loads every time. I was also able to successfully run an update, so I'm assuming the connection to the SD card is not part of the issue...

The cart is under warranty at Stone Age Gamer, but I'd love to get it working on my own, preferably without voiding the warranty.
So with that being said, any type of help is welcomed :)

That is odd, it's possible it could be the cart if other games are running ok. Although to be fair I don't think I've actually had anyone with this problem before which ended up being the cart, but there's always a first. The other thing to give a clean is the cartridge port on the Jag itself if you've not done that as well.

OK well, It's still under warranty at Stone Age Gamer. But I wanted to do whatever I could before sending it back to them. If cleaning the console doesn't work, should I send it back?

I did pick up Humble Bazookas Jaguar Bluetooth controller adapter, do you think that could have fried the cart?

If cleaning the cart port doesn’t help then I’d suggest returning it would be the next step. As I say, it’s not something I’ve heard of as a problem, but it’s certainly possible.

And there’s no way a controller adapter could affect the cartridge that I am aware.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i had this issue when i was using a super nintendo power supply. eventually i figured out the power supply wasn't good for the system. obviously i'm assuming most people here are smarter than me about this stuff, but just in case, this isn't the only system where i've found out i've used the wrong power supply and its caused cartridge read errors frequently so its worth at least putting in the thread just in case anyone else is having my specific issue 

• Like 1

Interesting to know, thanks for the post! The SNES PSU is actually rated high enough in terms of current (1.3A vs 1.2A for the Jaguar), my guess is more that the PSU was failing due to age and most likely causing voltage sag under load. Using 30 year old PSU’s in general isn’t recommended, although I still use mine!