IGNORED

ABBUC hardware contest 2023

andymanone

Hello together!

The ABBUC hardware contest 2023 starts now! Everyone is invited to participate with own, new hardware. For more details read the rules (see link below).

The deadline this year : 31. July 2023

You can find the rules here:

Rules AHC 2023

Cheers, 

andY

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here a short update from me (even if I'm not as often present at the moment as I used to 🙁😞

I have currently received two "advance" entries for the hardware contest 😎.

The two participants first contacted me privately and will then officially submit their project soon 😎👍.

I´m very happy about this and will keep you up to date :) !

Cheers,
andY

Edited by andymanone
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I received a third entry for the ABBUC Hardware Competition 2023 at short notice today.

The project, called "AtarINO" by none other than the developer of the legendary MIDICar project.

You can find the details here:

-> AtarINO – development set of devices - ABBUC Hardware Competition 2023

Cheers,

andY

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

@Mathy has uploaded the English version of our Special magazine #53 with descriptions of all entries to the ABBUC Software and Hardware Contest of this year.

No more excuses for international club members to not test all entries and vote. 😎

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/355695-abbuc-sondermagazin-53-software-and-hardware-contest-entries-available/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The ABBUC Software and Hardware Contest 2023 was again a great success😎!

There were 14 great submissions in software and 3 exciting hardware projects!
As far as I can see, we had a record participation in the voting this year - with a total of 80 members 😎👍!
Many thanks to all ABBUC members who participated🤝!

Yesterday, at the 38th user meeting in the FBW in Herten, the long-awaited results and prizes were announced!

Here are the winners:

CATEGORY 1 (500€)
Betrand Le Roy (ScreamingAtTheRadio) with his project: DecentXL mechanical keyboard for Atari 600/800XL 
(With 80 points and a mean of 1.35593) 

CATEGORY 2 (300€)
Biernat Błażej (Pancio) with his project: AtarINO – development set of devices
(With 142 points and a mean of 2.40677)

CATEGORY 3 (200€)
Paweł Banaś (PeBe)  with his project: MIDI Remote
(With 159 points and a mean of 2.69491)

Congratulations from me and the whole ABBUC team to all winners!!!

Cheers,

André

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to everyone who voted for my project, thanks to ABBUC for organizing the contest (and for the prize 🏆)   and congratulations to everyone who took the time to submit a hardware or software project for keeping our  favorite piece of retro tech alive. I also want to thank Jesse aka XL Freak who designed the key caps.
I’ll publish the design files today on my GitHub, and kits will be available at the end of November. Contact me if you want to get on the waiting list.
Oh, and I’m also almost done with Decent1200, and you can probably guess what computer that keyboard is for :D

• Like 10

On 10/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, ScreamingAtTheRadio said:

Thanks to everyone who voted for my project, thanks to ABBUC for organizing the contest (and for the prize 🏆)   and congratulations to everyone who took the time to submit a hardware or software project for keeping our  favorite piece of retro tech alive. I also want to thank Jesse aka XL Freak who designed the key caps.
I’ll publish the design files today on my GitHub, and kits will be available at the end of November. Contact me if you want to get on the waiting list.
Oh, and I’m also almost done with Decent1200, and you can probably guess what computer that keyboard is for :D

Congratulations everyone! Some great projects as always. Hopefully I’m already on the waiting list for the DecentXL. Can’t wait to get my fingers on one!

• 2 months later...

Thank you to everyone who voted! It doesn't matter in which project 🙂

I have updated my page with details about DIAGari (AtariUNO). Anyone can build such a prototyping device with Atari.

Best Regards,

pancio

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...