IGNORED

HSC20 Round 7: BRUCE LEE, RETURN of FURY & EEL ECURB

3 hours ago, McKong said:

Bruce Lee. Got to the tower screen , 2nd time through.

I tried ROF 'hard mode' but I think it's too difficult, and sometimes maybe impossible, because the spikey tree traps sometimes trigger too fast for you to run or jump through them. Maybe just me

I had the exactly the same experience with hard mode.  Those traps are too fast if you trigger them.  In theory you can "jump" over them with a flying kick, but the move has to be pixel perfect, and I haven't been able to pull it off on small ledges because you have to be already running to perform the kick (ex: third screen, lower right).

• Like 1

Bruce Lee 51,975 - Got to a screen that caught me out - thought it might be the end but will see - another session later! (lower score even thought got further!)

Get 'em votes in please - and those who voted before I made it multi-pick please list any others now and not at the end of the round ;)

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350564-hsc20-round-8-poll/

Round ends Weds 26th 8pm UK time :-o:!:

4 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Bruce Lee 51,975 - Got to a screen that caught me out - thought it might be the end but will see - another session later! (lower score even thought got further!)

Get 'em votes in please - and those who voted before I made it multi-pick please list any others now and not at the end of the round ;)

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350564-hsc20-round-8-poll/

Round ends Weds 26th 8pm UK time :-o:!:

Eel Ecurb didn't load from MYDOS with or without MYICODos Menu - it did load via APE - so that confirms I reached the last screen on Bruce Lee on my last post!

How the heck do you do this first screen? I can only get past the first fireball thing by running left and jumping left but then I'm toast? HELP!!

Return of Fury looks really good, exactly what we needed - not tried the other graphics TIX version yet. Am assuming Fandal's versions are the latest ones - not sure if there is any version id anywhere? 38 lanterns so far ! 

Do we think you meant not to see his trousers in the dark room?!!

Are the spikey floor things meant to stay on after being activated?!

Colours a lot warmer/nicer on the CRT than on my phone pics...

Photo4154.thumb.jpg.3c81b7d520bea86b283441a6b7448e29.jpgPhoto4151.thumb.jpg.806623c5d056307075e1eb1164304bca.jpgPhoto4157.thumb.jpg.181cce97861f08eb5b9aa6a6095ef4d8.jpgPhoto4156.thumb.jpg.696cb1d80b2a236f851317a440fe2069.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therealbountybob said:

Eel Ecurb didn't load from MYDOS with or without MYICODos Menu - it did load via APE - so that confirms I reached the last screen on Bruce Lee on my last post!

How the heck do you do this first screen? I can only get past the first fireball thing by running left and jumping left but then I'm toast? HELP!!

Return of Fury looks really good, exactly what we needed - not tried the other graphics TIX version yet. Am assuming Fandal's versions are the latest ones - not sure if there is any version id anywhere? 38 lanterns so far ! 

Do we think you meant not to see his trousers in the dark room?!!

Are the spikey floor things meant to stay on after being activated?!

Colours a lot warmer/nicer on the CRT than on my phone pics...

Photo4154.thumb.jpg.3c81b7d520bea86b283441a6b7448e29.jpgPhoto4151.thumb.jpg.806623c5d056307075e1eb1164304bca.jpgPhoto4157.thumb.jpg.181cce97861f08eb5b9aa6a6095ef4d8.jpgPhoto4156.thumb.jpg.696cb1d80b2a236f851317a440fe2069.jpg

The ROF spikey things not retracting is a bug, I've seen it before, usually when I've restarted a game

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

What about the first screen on Eel Ecurb ? c'mon I want to play it later ;)

This round ends tomorrow Weds 8pm UK time - anyone not voted? https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350564-hsc20-round-8-poll/

;)

Don't you just have to run across the screen? On Bruce Lee it's the easiest screen on the whole game, you just have to run across the screen without stopping. 

I can't remember what I did on Eel Ecurb, but I don't think it was anything very skillful!

Perhaps we could extend the round, or leave it open for a while. I still want to play some more

1 hour ago, McKong said:

Don't you just have to run across the screen? On Bruce Lee it's the easiest screen on the whole game, you just have to run across the screen without stopping. 

I can't remember what I did on Eel Ecurb, but I don't think it was anything very skillful!

Perhaps we could extend the round, or leave it open for a while. I still want to play some more

this is strange - it was impossible - will try it again later...

thanks

37 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

this is strange - it was impossible - will try it again later...

thanks

In Bruce Lee, there's one final lamp on the wall that you have to collect in order to defeat the guy who shoots fireballs and I think it requires a bit of a last-second jump to get it. I don't remember for sure if it's the same way in Eel Ecurb, but I think it might be. Try jumping to the left immediately before you get to the wall and see if there's a lamp that you need to open the exit door?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graywest said:

In Bruce Lee, there's one final lamp on the wall that you have to collect in order to defeat the guy who shoots fireballs and I think it requires a bit of a last-second jump to get it. I don't remember for sure if it's the same way in Eel Ecurb, but I think it might be. Try jumping to the left immediately before you get to the wall and see if there's a lamp that you need to open the exit door?

Thanks, will try tomorrow if I get time. - though I couldn't get past the middle let alone reach the left side of the screen :!:

Finished Briuce Lee, first pass through at least and got to 49 lanterns on Rof (39,100). Has a look at the alternative sprites "tix" ver but soon switched back though I liked some of them, nice game :thumbsup:

Photo4164.jpg

Photo4161.jpg

Photo4163.jpgPhoto4158.thumb.jpg.29a8ec91d00f8d3361078d6728c147a9.jpg

• Like 1

ok we'll wrap up this round here but if any late scores come in before I update the current standings at the weekend or early next week then that will be ok. Didn't have chance to re-try Eel Ecurb but nice to see some new games that are still classic style, would like to see more of this sort of thing :thumbsup: Thanks to the authors and everyone involved with the new versions :thumbsup: need to post the issues on the main atariage thread probably they have already been covered :ponder:

On 4/14/2023 at 2:09 AM, invisible kid said:

First time checking out the updated versions. Really digging Return of Fury. Love the gr.0/gr.8 moon.

did you want to post any scores - we need more players! ;)

sort of final tables

• Like 2

10 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

ok we'll wrap up this round here but if any late scores come in before I update the current standings at the weekend or early next week then that will be ok. Didn't have chance to re-try Eel Ecurb but nice to see some new games that are still classic style, would like to see more of this sort of thing :thumbsup: Thanks to the authors and everyone involved with the new versions :thumbsup: need to post the issues on the main atariage thread probably they have already been covered :ponder:

did you want to post any scores - we need more players! ;)

sort of final tables - please check your progress on the first post re points awarded and let me know if I've got it wrong (RT and others!)

Bruce Lee    
  Player Score Pts
1st McKong                 12
2nd rdrunner (114,425)   12
3rd AtariSphinx   9
4th therealbountybob   9
5th jk40001   9
6th graywest   9
7th Deteacher   9
8th tompateus   9
9th Sikor   6
10th MichaG   5