IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 17 Round 8 -  Bounty Bob Strikes Back

DamonicFury

Welcome to the eighth round of the 17th 5200 HSC season.  Bounty Bob Strikes Back won the poll by three votes.  Play using the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by eegt97 with 107,780 points.  Beat this if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=718

Round ends Sunday, April 30th, 2023 @11pm EST

Standings:

RB5200 - 255,120 - RECORD BREAKER

Northcoastgamer - 156,990 - RECORD BREAKER

rubeon - 84,500

Cafeman - 76960

jblenkle - 11,470

jeremiahjt - 10,040

was trucking along and got to the grain lift thing, and then this bizarre crash happened

9F6F289F-6BBD-410D-9E94-7DFC50050FC8_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.0c2788a94576251769c69c5cac7ec040.jpeg

This happens on the MiSTer every time I reach this level without warping; controller's acting up a bit on the OE, so will have to see if I can reproduce it there

This is a tough game to emulate, apparently, as most of my go-to emulators won't even load it.   OpenEMU did let me play past this point when I warped there, I'll see if I can work though the game and see if it crashes...

EDIT:

was able to get further than this on OE, so this particular crash looks like a MiSTer problem

Edited by rubeon
New s**t has come to light, man!

3 hours ago, Mikey50 said:

Thanks Cafeman but for some reason it will not download on my atarimax 128 in 1

That’s also my multicart, and sadly it will not run BBSB.  The newer Atarimax SD cart does run it, which is surely what Cafeman was referring to. 

20 hours ago, Mikey50 said:

Okay it looks like im out of this one boys will try again but I think its a 0 for me

Just to be clear, you are completely allowed to use an emulator for this part of the HSC.  Only the rounds marked with OE (original equipment) require original hardware.