IGNORED

Hey where’s that Bubsy fan? You see this news?!

On 4/22/2023 at 4:17 PM, Punisher5.0 said:

@doctorclu

Possibly the biggest Bubsy fan in the world

Aww shucks.  :D    Quite a few Bubsy fans.   Another, SpongeFox, of the Bubsy Bobcat Fan Blog responded with this drawing...

Bub_tari_Bubsy.png.c2c24fc00731c4ab59b6fca77218f9d4.png

I think this would be a great piece of art for Atari to use on the "BUBSY COMPLETE COLLECTION" by ATARI, don't you think?  :D

There are others out there that are commenting, and hopefully they will show up here also, or let me pass on their thoughts.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:44 PM, jerseystyle said:

pretty pumped too see some of these titles. The Recharged series has been really good.  Bubsy… recharged?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/04/atari-has-acquired-the-rights-to-one-of-ps1s-worst-ever-games

Personally I think this could be potentially amazing.

If they made it as a download patch to add to the Atari 50th Anniversary collection, that would be a lot of fun.  I've beem playing the Jaguar games in that, and playing Fractured Furry Tales with a PS4 controller would just be ti... errr.. gravy.  :P

Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind was a fun game in general layout, at least for the first nine levels.  

Bubsy 2 was ... ok.   Would be nice to complete the set.

Actually had some fun playing Bubsy 3D and would love to finish that on the PS4.   Maybe they could replace the tank controls with a better control scheme, and there was higher res in earlier prototypes of Bubsy 3D, but they scaled it back due to Playstation 1 limitations.

1251560359_ScreenShot2023-04-24at12_23_20AM.png.f9808b510e3a4e83813b6c3399572331.png

I've joked they need to add Bubsy: Kitt'N Kaboodle for the 2600/5200/Atari Computer to the line-up.  Hey they bought the rights to Big Five Software for Miner 2049er.  All they would need to do is pick up Fast Eddie from Gremlin for this fun fan hack.

Bubsy: Woolies Strike Back and Paws On Fire is already on PS4, but it would be fun to see Atari port those to the Xbox and VCS!

And who knows?   Maybe Atari will make a decent updated Bubsy game?   Would be fun to see what they come up with.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 10:37 PM, doctorclu said:

Aww shucks.  :D    Quite a few Bubsy fans.   Another, SpongeFox, of the Bubsy Bobcat Fan Blog responded with this drawing...

Bub_tari_Bubsy.png.c2c24fc00731c4ab59b6fca77218f9d4.png

I think this would be a great piece of art for Atari to use on the "BUBSY COMPLETE COLLECTION" by ATARI, don't you think?  :D

There are others out there that are commenting, and hopefully they will show up here also, or let me pass on their thoughts.

Personally I think this could be potentially amazing.

If they made it as a download patch to add to the Atari 50th Anniversary collection, that would be a lot of fun.  I've beem playing the Jaguar games in that, and playing Fractured Furry Tales with a PS4 controller would just be ti... errr.. gravy.  :P

Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind was a fun game in general layout, at least for the first nine levels.  

Bubsy 2 was ... ok.   Would be nice to complete the set.

Actually had some fun playing Bubsy 3D and would love to finish that on the PS4.   Maybe they could replace the tank controls with a better control scheme, and there was higher res in earlier prototypes of Bubsy 3D, but they scaled it back due to Playstation 1 limitations.

1251560359_ScreenShot2023-04-24at12_23_20AM.png.f9808b510e3a4e83813b6c3399572331.png

I've joked they need to add Bubsy: Kitt'N Kaboodle for the 2600/5200/Atari Computer to the line-up.  Hey they bought the rights to Big Five Software for Miner 2049er.  All they would need to do is pick up Fast Eddie from Gremlin for this fun fan hack.

Bubsy: Woolies Strike Back and Paws On Fire is already on PS4, but it would be fun to see Atari port those to the Xbox and VCS!

And who knows?   Maybe Atari will make a decent updated Bubsy game?   Would be fun to see what they come up with.

Are those new Bubsy games any good? I had heard somewhere they were in the endless runner genre so haven’t picked them up.

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Are those new Bubsy games any good? I had heard somewhere they were in the endless runner genre so haven’t picked them up.

Two newest Bubsy games were were reskins of existing games.   Will say the voice actor was fun and not as grating as say the voice in Bubsy 3D.   And the music for both games were also quite good.   A lot of creativity thrown at giving it a fun Bubsy  look at feel for both.

Woolies Strike Back was a reskin of Giana Sisters' latest game.   Gave the player the ability to explore in the level, added a pounce attack, and removed the falling damage (since falling damage was not in the Giana Sisters game probably.)   Had like three boss levels and 15 levels total I believe.  I had a good time playing it.   A game that someone could finish in about 45-50 minutes without trying too hard.   That was the usual complaint was how quickly the game could be played through.

----------

Paws on Fire was a reskin of Runner III I believe.  Unlike other Bubsy games where you could explore the level freely, this one had where you run through a course, jumping over things, sliding under things, etc.   Had it where you can play Bubsy (Bobcat), Virgil (Vole), and someone the fans call "Ally" (Woolie).   Each have different special moves.   And you can play mini-games as Arnold (Amadillo) as you run through tunnels underground collecting prizes.   I believe a lot of the Runner fans out there picked it up, stating it was not as good as the other runner games, but liked it enough.

Another fun thing about Paws on Fire is you could buy new outfits for the various characters.  So for the first time in game, aside from the "Snake" code in Bubsy 3D, you could have Bubsy in something other than the white shirt with exclamation point that he always wore.

Fun enough games both of them.   Between the two of them I find Woolies Strike Back one I play from time to time.  When I want to watch humrous Bubsy cut scenes and world building material, I tune up Paws on Fire for a little bit.

Speaking of, the level I cue up most often is the goo alien boss level.  That level is actually a fun replay level for me.

The rest of the levels were fun as I was working to make more and more perfect play throughs, but the urge to replay is not quite there.

So there you have it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Two newest Bubsy games were were reskins of existing games.   Will say the voice actor was fun and not as grating as say the voice in Bubsy 3D.   And the music for both games were also quite good.   A lot of creativity thrown at giving it a fun Bubsy  look at feel for both.

Woolies Strike Back was a reskin of Giana Sisters' latest game.   Gave the player the ability to explore in the level, added a pounce attack, and removed the falling damage (since falling damage was not in the Giana Sisters game probably.)   Had like three boss levels and 15 levels total I believe.  I had a good time playing it.   A game that someone could finish in about 45-50 minutes without trying too hard.   That was the usual complaint was how quickly the game could be played through.

----------

Paws on Fire was a reskin of Runner III I believe.  Unlike other Bubsy games where you could explore the level freely, this one had where you run through a course, jumping over things, sliding under things, etc.   Had it where you can play Bubsy (Bobcat), Virgil (Vole), and someone the fans call "Ally" (Woolie).   Each have different special moves.   And you can play mini-games as Arnold (Amadillo) as you run through tunnels underground collecting prizes.   I believe a lot of the Runner fans out there picked it up, stating it was not as good as the other runner games, but liked it enough.

Another fun thing about Paws on Fire is you could buy new outfits for the various characters.  So for the first time in game, aside from the "Snake" code in Bubsy 3D, you could have Bubsy in something other than the white shirt with exclamation point that he always wore.

Fun enough games both of them.   Between the two of them I find Woolies Strike Back one I play from time to time.  When I want to watch humrous Bubsy cut scenes and world building material, I tune up Paws on Fire for a little bit.

Speaking of, the level I cue up most often is the goo alien boss level.  That level is actually a fun replay level for me.

The rest of the levels were fun as I was working to make more and more perfect play throughs, but the urge to replay is not quite there.

So there you have it.

Oh I didn’t know Woolies was a platformer- I’ll check it out!

My only complaint about Woolies Strike Back was that it was too short. Otherwise I thought it controlled so much better than all of the older titles. If they made a new game they should make it like Woolies but longer.

At this point they could probably even make a new Bubsy 3D that doesn't control like stupid. Back when the Playstation one came out, there wasn't as much of a standard for 3D platformers yet and it seemed like it was trying to copy the control style of Croc and Tomb Raider where you press up to run forward, but more poorly. These days they realize that fluid control in all directions is better than pressing up to run.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1