IGNORED

Mobile site, link to current post?

Hello... When the last migration/update took place, I noticed that I could no longer tap on the most recent post time/date stamp to pull up the most recent message in a topic. I finally took a screenshot so that I could post a question ;) 

Is there a way to do this now or can the functionality be implemented?  Here's a screenshot from my phone: if I tap the circled date/time, I am brought to the first post in the topic, not the most recent.  (I am using Sarari)

image.thumb.png.f5925ef094b5eb66040915bb475532aa.png

Hi @InsaneMultitasker

I have an iPhone SE (1st gen.), still with iOS 13.6.1 on it, and if I use Safari this still works for me.

But it is a little hard to hit this "button" exactly (means to tap the time), and not to hit the users picture (=> profile)

Maybe there is a difference to your newer? Safari?

In addition, since the latest big AA-update some month ago, I recognized the behaviour (using Mozilla on Windows) changed if I click the topics name here. This now leads me to the first unread comment in the topic, and not to the latest one anymore.

This can be configured here under "My Name" -> "Account Settings" -> Content View Behaviour"

Maybe this also has some impact on your point ? (But I don´t think so)

image.thumb.png.12487b3b5258f495432c70a58c050d3c.png

xXx

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi @InsaneMultitasker

I have an iPhone SE (1st gen.), still with iOS 13.6.1 on it, and if I use Safari this still works for me.

But it is a little hard to hit this "button" exactly (means to tap the time), and not to hit the users picture (=> profile)

Maybe there is a difference to your newer? Safari?

I am using an SE3 (2022) with latest iOS / Sarari. I also tried Edge (it is installed for work purposes) and it also goes to the first post.  My wife has an older ipad with iOS 13 or 15, I'll try the same thing with that device this week. 

43 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

In addition, since the latest big AA-update some month ago, I recognized the behaviour (using Mozilla on Windows) changed if I click the topics name here. This now leads me to the first unread comment in the topic, and not to the latest one anymore.

Ah, when I read on my phone, I am not logged in.  Maybe the default behavior for visitors is different?  I'll try logging in on my phone.  My desktop/laptop all go to the latest post, and I have never changed the setting while logged in.  Verrrry interesting.  :)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:11 AM, Schmitzi said:

This can be configured here under "My Name" -> "Account Settings" -> Content View Behaviour"

Maybe this also has some impact on your point ? (But I don´t think so)

Logging in on my phone didn't restore the ability to click on the last post time/date to get to the most recent post.  So it would seem the "mobile" template is the difference here. 

I tried your suggestion: I changed the setting from "Take me to beginning" to "take me to the latest content".  Now, when signed into my phone, if I click on the date or the topic, it puts me at the end of the latest comment. (which means I have to scroll up to see any posts).  On my PCs, I can get to the latest post but clicking on the link to the topic now opens the latest post as well. I don't really like this but I'lll try it out for a while.

It would be nice if the old functionality was restored :)