IGNORED

FT TurboGrafx 16 with CD system for Atari Jaguar with CD system. Sold

cubejunky

ended up selling it to a friend.

I have a fully working and it pretty good condition TurboGrafx 16 with CD system, the CD rom unit was just recapped, pots tweaked, and cleaned, it works like new. Will come with 1 controller, 1 rca cable, 1 RGC TG-CD-Dock power adaptor. I don't have a extra system card for it, l've been using from my personal system a Turbo Everdrive 2.5 to act as it. Side note with the cd unit, it works great with retail games both US/JP, but it's not the biggest fan of burned discs.

I’m open to offers, but really after a Jaguar with CD add on.

IMG_4776.jpeg

Edited by cubejunky
Item sold
  • Like 2

You make me wish I had atari stuff :D  That does look nice for what it is, that's for sure though that is odd it's touchy about burns.  It could be just because modern discs aren't as good and most apps won't want to burn at slow enough speed to get it where the drive will read it.  I ran into that with a PCE Duo(JP) model about 5 years back.

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You make me wish I had atari stuff :D  That does look nice for what it is, that's for sure though that is odd it's touchy about burns.  It could be just because modern discs aren't as good and most apps won't want to burn at slow enough speed to get it where the drive will read it.  I ran into that with a PCE Duo(JP) model about 5 years back.

It very well could be the type of disc and burn speed, my other unit does fine with what I have, but could just be down to just a different type/manufacturer of laser in it .

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:01 PM, cubejunky said:

It very well could be the type of disc and burn speed, my other unit does fine with what I have, but could just be down to just a different type/manufacturer of laser in it .

Probably the laser, I had someone work on mine that has a lot of knowledge of the system and they recommended to replace the laser since it was struggling with burned ones, works great now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INTVCruise said:

Probably the laser, I had someone work on mine that has a lot of knowledge of the system and they recommended to replace the laser since it was struggling with burned ones, works great now. 

Other than harvesting a laser from a compatible CD player from the 90s, which is going to be just a little further away from death's door than the original TG16 part, where can you even source a replacement?

23 hours ago, Sir Guntz said:

Can we get a sale price added? Would be nice to know for reference.

Sold it to him for $300 and a trade to be named later (more then likely once he gets it from his storage a 3DO with 10ish games.) On eBay they go for between $700-$1000 depending on condition and if it works.

Edited by cubejunky
  • Like 1