IGNORED

West Bank

I thought version one (Spectrum) quite excellent. The silhouette graphics (black on background) has it's charm. Didn't care much for the SG-1000/MSX graphics - the characters (persons) are blurry. The C64 was perhaps only a tad better. Making the graphics better seemed almost impossible, did have https://twitter.com/CollectorVision/status/1514319821470527489 in mind, - but then yes, you actually pulled it off in version two ! Much better contrast in use of colors, and black, than SG-1000/MSX. Bravo. 👍

The problem with Spectrum games converted to the TI, to me, is that I can easily go play it on the Spectrum. And yes, maybe the sound is better with perhaps added music. Flying Shark and now this makes a difference. And I know, takes more work.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Did anyone reach phase 8 (dusk) or 9 (night)? If not, half of the ROM is wasted. Maybe for the next high score compo? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 🙂

It's a great candidate for the next high score competition! I'll surely partecipate. 🙂 

@Asmusr just a couple of feedbacks on the game:

- the V2 has a glitch in the flashing screen when you hit a bomb: the bottom righ corner (at right of lives counter) is flashing too, instead of only the borders if compared to V1;

- I'm not a left-handed, so the 1,2,3 and O,P buttons are not optimal for me. The Arcade versions has buttons on both sides of the joystick. It would be great to have also 7,8,9 to shoot and S,D to move. Or eventually, the possibility to define the keys. Of course, with emulators you can make some modifications to the layout of the keys, but this is not possible with the real iron;

- A screen with the list of keys could be of great help (I have forgotten the use of O, P keys to move...). 🙂 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, tmop69 said:

@Asmusr just a couple of feedbacks on the game:

- the V2 has a glitch in the flashing screen when you hit a bomb: the bottom righ corner (at right of lives counter) is flashing too, instead of only the borders if compared to V1;

- I'm not a left-handed, so the 1,2,3 and O,P buttons are not optimal for me. The Arcade versions has buttons on both sides of the joystick. It would be great to have also 7,8,9 to shoot and S,D to move. Or eventually, the possibility to define the keys. Of course, with emulators you can make some modifications to the layout of the keys, but this is not possible with the real iron;

- A screen with the list of keys could be of great help (I have forgotten the use of O, P keys to move...). 🙂 

Thanks for the feedback. I have added the keys you suggested and fixed the glitch.

westbank-v2.rpk westbank-v2-8.bin

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

ahh this is great.  I've never played West Bank before.  Seen it for the ZX Spectrum though but this one's fantastic.  

I was shooting real sharp, no cowboy could get past me ... fastest shooter in the west.

Then I shot the bomb.

😄

• Haha 2