IGNORED

TI99 New Game Drop Off

Cheung

Someone asked me to post my new TI game on AtariAge, so I thought I'd create a thread to make it and any new games that I or other people create readily available and easy to find.

Didn't see a thread similar to this, if anybody knows of one or a more appropriate way to distribute new games, let me know and I'll use that instead.

• Like 8

Here's my last game They Come At Night (cartridge binary attached). Other files for the build/development can be found here on GitHub:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/TCAN

The game is an arcade style action game that has the player building and defending their compound from a horde of undead creatures that attack each night.

Video demo of the game can be seen here:

TCAN_8.bin

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

This game is a couple of months old, it's called Warlords of the Rings and it's based on the 1980 Atari game, Warlords.

Game build files can be accessed here on GitHub:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/WARLORDS

The cartridge binary is attached for convenience.

Warlords (2023)(Brian Gray)_8.bin

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Here's my Frogger from last year, this was a recreation of a game I created 40 years ago except with sound.

Game files can be accessed from GitHub here:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/FROGGER

Cartridge binary provided by TMOP69 is attached.

[GAME] Frogger V1.1 (2022)(Brian Gray)_8.bin

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

This is my Wordle program I wrote after FROGGER was completed. Someone suggested this project on one of the FB TI forums.

Game files can be found here:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/WORDLE

Cartridge image provided by TMOP69 is attached.

[GAME] Wordle (2022)(Brian Gray)_8.bin

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Italian version of WORDLE - WORDIT. No video for this one, pretty much the same as WORDLE but in Italian.

All files can be downloaded on GitHub here:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/WORDIT

Cartridge image attached for convenience.

WORDIT.bin

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, Cheung said:

Here's my last game They Come At Night (cartridge binary attached). Other files for the build/development can be found here on GitHub:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/TCAN

The game is an arcade style action game that has the player building and defending their compound from a horde of undead creatures that attack each night.

Video demo of the game can be seen here:

TCAN_8.bin 32 kB · 14 downloads

Nice game with interesting tactical side. I have to admit I suck at it, but it's fun nevertheless, I like it. Also the grim theme is spot on. Well done :) 

I tried to download it from your youtube channel and for some reason it is not recognized by TI (Classic99). I don't know if it's me but I let you know just in case. The .bin above instead works perfectly.

Oh I also tried Warlords of the rings and it is fun too. I really like the concept, especially the unique ability for each warlord.

I'm looking forward your next project

Edited by Sergioz82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sergioz82 said:

Nice game with interesting tactical side. I have to admit I suck at it, but it's fun nevertheless, I like it. Also the grim theme is spot on. Well done :) 

I tried to download it from your youtube channel and for some reason it is not recognized by TI (Classic99). I don't know if it's me but I let you know just in case. The .bin above instead works perfectly.

Oh I also tried Warlords of the rings and it is fun too. I really like the concept, especially the unique ability for each warlord.

Thanks, glad you liked it . Thanks for the feedback, it's the first I've gotten for this game. I'll take a look at the files on GitHub and see if I can find what might be wrong.

Yeah, it can be pretty tough, here are a few tips that might be helpful:

The bonus items are pretty hard to pick up without getting caught. Usually best to skip them unless you're low on ammo or really want that extra life or credits.

Each different monster type has their own strengths and weaknesses:

--------------------------------------------------------------

The gobliks are immune to any headstones you leave behind when you die and will destroy them. They can't break through any barrier except shrubs.

The demoks are immune to fire. They can't break through brick or fences.

Zombeys can destroy any barrier but they can be killed by any trap.

Ghosps won't trigger any traps and they can't get through stone.

********************†******************

Don't forget to use your grenades, especially if you're going after a bonus item.

If you do try to pick up a bonus item, try to do it right before it changes to daylight.

If you get it before dawn, head for the nearest corner of the play field and use that as a backstop so you only have to shoot in 2 directions.

If you're low on ammo at the start of the day and you have enough credits, purchase some incendiary grenades to help knock out more monsters.

Protect any headstones (crosses) from the gobliks.

Even though ghosps don't trigger traps, you can trigger the explosive ones by shooting them. Wait for the ghosps to get close by.

I like to put incendiary grenades in all four directions. Line up the NS on the same longitude and the EW on the same latitude. Maximize the flame's death toll when one row is depleted by moving around your compound. Monsters will move towards you with no regard for the flames and you can lead them right into them with your position.

The only traps that can kill you are the explosives (and your own grenades).

You only are awarded more ammunition and more grenades if you have less than 100 rounds and less than 3 grenades respectively. It gets hard to kill all the monsters when you have just over 100 rounds.

The more days you survive, the less ammo you are awarded. The formula is something like: 100-DAYS/2 rounds of ammo are awarded when you fall below 100. So it becomes necessary to look for the ammo bonus in the higher levels.

You can get two or more bonus items during the same night. It's hard, but I've done it.

Don't put traps and barriers too close to explosives. They can be destroyed if they are in the blast radius.

It's usually best not to completely wall yourself in.

You can throw your grenade in any direction - even the one you're not facing. To do this press and hold the fire button with the joystick in neutral, then move the joystick in the direction you want to throw the grenade.

You can pause the game. Any key that can be activated from

CALL KEY(1,K,S) will pause the game (generally the left side of the keyboard excluding the Q and SPACE BAR.

I'm working on Satan's Keep for my next game. It will probably be a while because I need to refactor the whole thing to get it to read each level's data from disk.

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Sergioz82 said:

I tried to download it from your youtube channel and for some reason it is not recognized by TI (Classic99)

I was able to download the binary cartridge image directly from GitHub and run it through Classic99 (which is what I use to develop with).

Not sure what went wrong for you but I *suspect* you tried to download directly from the link instead of following the link to GitHub and then downloading the raw file with the download icon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheung said:

Thanks, glad you liked it . Thanks for the feedback, it's the first I've gotten for this game. I'll take a look at the files on GitHub and see if I can find what might be wrong.

Yeah, it can be pretty tough, here are a few tips that might be helpful:

The bonus items are pretty hard to pick up without getting caught. Usually best to skip them unless you're low on ammo or really want that extra life or credits.

Each different monster type has their own strengths and weaknesses:

The gobliks are immune to any headstones you leave behind when you die and will destroy them. They can't break through any barrier except shrubs.

The demoks are immune to fire. They can't break through brick or fences.

Zombeys can destroy any barrier but they can be killed by any trap.

Ghosps won't trigger any traps and they can't get through stone.

********************†******************

Don't forget to use your grenades, especially if you're going after a bonus item.

If you do try to pick up a bonus item, try to do it right before it changes to daylight.

If you get it before dawn, head for the nearest corner of the play field and use that as a backstop so you only have to shoot in 2 directions.

If you're low on ammo at the start of the day and you have enough credits, purchase some incendiary grenades to help knock out more monsters.

Protect any headstones (crosses) from the gobliks.

Even though ghosps don't trigger traps, you can trigger the explosive ones by shooting them. Wait for the ghosps to get close by.

I like to put incendiary grenades in all four directions. Line up the NS on the same longitude and the EW on the same latitude. Maximize the flame's death toll when one row is depleted by moving around your compound. Monsters will move towards you with no regard for the flames and you can lead them right into them with your position.

The only traps that can kill you are the explosives (and your own grenades).

You only are awarded more ammunition and more grenades if you have less than 100 rounds and less than 3 grenades respectively. It gets hard to kill all the monsters when you have just over 100 rounds.

The more days you survive, the less ammo you are awarded. The formula is something like: 100-DAYS/2 rounds of ammo are awarded when you fall below 100. So it becomes necessary to look for the ammo bonus in the higher levels.

You can get two or more bonus items during the same night. It's hard, but I've done it.

Don't put traps and barriers too close to explosives. They can be destroyed if they are in the blast radius.

It's usually best not to completely wall yourself in.

You can throw your grenade in any direction - even the one you're not facing. To do this press and hold the fire button with the joystick in neutral, then move the joystick in the direction you want to throw the grenade.

You can pause the game. Any key that can be activated from

CALL KEY(1,K,S) will pause the game (generally the left side of the keyboard excluding the Q and SPACE BAR.

I'm working on Satan's Keep for my next game. It will probably be a while because I need to refactor the whole thing to get it to read each level's data from disk.

Thanks for these tips, I'll try.

1 hour ago, Cheung said:

Not sure what went wrong for you but I *suspect* you tried to download directly from the link instead of following the link to GitHub and then downloading the raw file with the download icon.

There it is, I downloaded it directly from the link

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 6:51 AM, Cheung said:

Here's the Italian version of WORDLE - WORDIT. No video for this one, pretty much the same as WORDLE but in Italian.

All files can be downloaded on GitHub here:

Cartridge image attached for convenience.

Updated the source to fix a bug for number of guesses and corrected the input dialog. Updates are here:

WORDIT.bin

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Updated TETRIS with keyboard support, improved input response and a bug fix where the very top of the play field wasn't pushing down if it had any blocks and some rows below were cleared. updated files can be found here. Attaching the cartridge image:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/TETRIS

TETRIS.bin

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

On 5/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Sergioz82 said:

Here's the manual for They Come At Night

Manual_MS.docx

Manual_Open.odt

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Sergioz82 said:

Sergio, I'm curious if you were running this game on the actual hardware or an emulator? Someone has reported some problems on hardware WRT joystick input.

Edited by Cheung

16 hours ago, Cheung said:

Sergio, I'm curious if you were running this game on the actual hardware or an emulator? Someone has reported some problems on hardware WRT joystick input.

I have tried Warlords of the Rings on real hw and works fine, but I haven't tried They come at night, I played it on Classic99.   

• Like 1

• 4 months later...