IGNORED

Star Raiders II EPROMs

Tempest

raider_hi.Bin is completely empty. raider_lo.Bin is identical to the XEGS Crystal Castles.

The chip numbering C300056-xxxA seems to follow this convention: C300056 is a part number for a 256Kbit ROM, xxx is the game's code, and A at the end is, I am assuming, revision. Crystal Castles' serial number is RX8102 and it matches the code C300056-102A written on the chip. Also, when computing the ROM's checksum, it equals $047B as written in the chip.

As for the other chip, serial number of Star Raiders II is RX8078 which matches the C300056-078A code on the chip, but, as I said, the dump is bad. But when computing the checksum for the released version of SRII, it equals $ADE0, as written on the chip - so it is safe to assume that  this chip contains the final version of SRII.

Edited by Kr0tki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kr0tki said:

raider_hi.Bin is completely empty. raider_lo.Bin is identical to the XEGS Crystal Castles.

The chip numbering C300056-xxxA seems to follow this convention: C300056 is a part number for a 256Kbit ROM, xxx is the game's code, and A at the end is, I am assuming, revision. Crystal Castles' serial number is RX8102 and it matches the code C300056-102A written on the chip. Also, when computing the ROM's checksum, it equals $047B as written in the chip.

As for the other chip, serial number of Star Raiders II is RX8078 which matches the C300056-078A code on the chip, but, as I said, the dump is bad. But when computing the checksum for the released version of SRII, it equals $ADE0, as written on the chip - so it is safe to assume that  this chip contains the final version of SRII.

Well that answers that.  Thanks for the analysis!  Good to know that they're the same as the final versions.