IGNORED

MindRec TurboGrafx CD homebrew games - SOLD OUT (but there are more from the co-creator)

jgkspsx

Bt Garner, the creator of MindRec games and a homebrew pioneer on the Turbografx/PC Engine, passed away in February.

His family transferred all of the unsold copies of his games to his MindRec collaborator Nathan McLain. Nathan sold me a few copies to make available here. One copy of Hypernova Blast is reserved but everything else is available.

IMG_5215.thumb.jpeg.323352de5abccabe604187950c02e3d4.jpeg

I believe these are pressed CDs, not CDRs. One copy of each game per person. Active AtariAge contributors take precedence over lurkers. Vax is $15, the rest are $10.55. (Note that Vax includes Implode Remastered.) Shipping is extra but combines.

Here are videos of the games:

You can read more about them at the MindRec website while it’s still up: http://mindrec.com/games.php

• Like 1

I heard about BT’s passing via a recently created PCFX focused podcast on YouTube. Never picked up any of his games beyond the original Implode and Meteor Blaster, but joining his Turbo and Saturn mailing lists were crucial parts of my early internet life- made possible by the Saturn Net link. Sad to hear. 

Edited by jesusc
  • Like 1

My highly scientific algorithm has run and these are the results:

VAX:

1. @glazball

2. @sixersfan105

3. @cvga

4. @schnuth

5. @Dreamstate

6. @furor

7. @swlovinist

8. @K-Rod 13

9. @GoldenWheels
10. @GoldLeader

Hypernova Blast:

1. @DragonGrafx-16

2. @cvga

3. @schnuth

4. @swlovinist

5. @K-Rod 13

6. @furor
7. @3DFXgamer

Implode:

1. @cvga

2. @schnuth

3. @furor

4. @swlovinist

Meteor Blaster DX:

1. @cvga

2. @schnuth

3. @furor

4. @swlovinist

5. @K-Rod 13

Does this sound right to everyone?

EDIT: After conferring with Nathan, I am just buying more to cover everyone and so I don't get stuck with extras. Please let me know if this looks correct!

EDIT 2: @cmeister92 already ordered from Nathan so I have another set available! EDIT 3: but I guess Nathan is going to have me fulfill anyway! EDIT 4: or not lol

If anybody missed out, please message me and I will put you in touch with him directly. They will likely cost more minus the group discount but they're still really affordable compared to a lot of homebrew.

• Like 3

All of the remaining packages went out this morning - you should all have a tracking code through PayPal! At least a couple already arrived.

I ended up with an extra Meteor Blaster DX (which includes two bonus games, Implode Caravan Version and Loop v2) so if anybody skipped it and decides they want it please let me know.