IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable - Load Failed

I recently got an Atari Flashback Portable (AP328OB woody) and am not able to get saved games to load.  The game reports "save succeeded" when a game is saved but when I try to load a saved game there is an error stating "Load Failed".  I have tried this both on Solaris and Pac-Man that were pre-loaded on the console to rule it being limited to just one game and get the same error.  I don't have a SD card in the console in case that makes a different (not sure if the games are supposed to save to that and "save succeeded" is just a false positive without it).  Maybe this is just user error on my part, but I have searched online and here on the AtariAge forums but cannot find any topics about this issue.  Maybe someone here can advise how to resolve this issue.  Thanks!

Has anyone ever encounter the "Load Failed" error before on any Atari Flashback device portable or non portable (not sure but I suspect the non portables use the same OS or code) or have any suggestions on what the issue might be or possible steps to try ti resolve it?

Now loading saved games mysteriously works.  Don't make a lot of sense as is exactly the same process that I was doing earlier and had even restarted the device previously so it isn't a case of just having needed to be restarted.  Still would be useful to know why it was occurring.  Whatever it was causing this I just am happy that it has sorted itself out and that the load features isn't broken any longer.

I was having some weird behavior on mine. I started it up, played some Adventure II, saved it. Turned the AFP off and then back on was able to get the save to load. Turned it off and set it down. Decided a few minutes later to try loading the save again. Turned it on, selected Adventure II and the screen went blank. Turned it off and on, tried again, same thing. Turned it off and on again tried a different game, blank screen. It wasn't turning off because the power light was still on. Decided to try charging it, even though the low power light wasn't coming on. After it finished charging it worked like normal.

• Like 1

OK, just one last thing to note.

• if I save a gave it successfully save and I can then successfully load it
  • After I exit the game or shutdown the save that was working no loner load and then throws the "Load Failed" error when attempting to load the game

Is the game save only e save in local RAM while the game is running and not a permanent save on the device itself?  That would seem to the case here. I had thought it was save internally on the device itself I think that assumption was mistaken.  Look like saves are valid for the current play session and purged from RAM as soon as the currently play session exited for whatever game was running.  Disappointing that seems to be the case as it only make saves useful to reload a save during a play session and store play session to pickup at later date or time.

5 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

I just checked my AFP and the game I saved the other day, for Adventure II, is still there. I was able to select Adventure II as the game I wanted to play, pushed the save button on top, then pushed up on the D-Pad to load the save. No trouble.

Ok.  This device is really starting to annoy me.  Maybe the one I got is defective.

😠