IGNORED

Sticker on Console Box

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I missed the boat for the past 45 years or so but I just noticed this sticker on the back of a console box and realized I have never seen it before. It is refreshing to know you can still find stuff you didn't know about Intellivision after all these years.  The sticker is about the Tax program for the Keyboard component.

With a SN/ of 032677 it should be close to being one of the first batches out the door of Mattel. I wonder what info the sticker is covering?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d13152faa690b68761937fe242f4b2d4.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg.e608546d92b2c127081aab90a0345c44.jpg

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Very cool. Now I need to go check mine. That's one of the early big boxes correct Hank? Football on the TV screen? 

It's exactly the same as my original Intellivision box. Mine was purchased in September 1980 in Hamilton, Ontario. If I recall correctly, they included a 'flair' felt tipped pen to fill out your warranty card. Back then, the manuals were in full colour, but by that time, transitioning to cheaper monochrome manuals. 

Had a chance to look at my consoles and I do have one with stickers like this although it appears to be functioning as a really early Canadian system, predating the bilingual light blue big box that would come later. (3rd pic)

Then I checked my serial number 111 system which answers Hank's question about what's under the sticker I believe. (2nd pic)

Finally, out of curiosity I checked my Sylvania systems as they have NFL on screen as well and here's a third version, where the JK Lasser info is printed right on the box. (1st pic) IMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.9bf5e5b1d004f9ef59abbba7dc164a66.jpeg

IMG_1577.thumb.jpeg.18e7ac2416d409ef9fda38e1a50489db.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg.cbd7aa2e0cb6ae909e3dd4bf1713cee0.jpeg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Had a chance to look at my consoles and I do have one with stickers like this although it appears to be functioning as a really early Canadian system, predating the bilingual light blue big box that would come later. (3rd pic)

Then I checked my serial number 111 system which answers Hank's question about what's under the sticker I believe. (2nd pic)

Finally, out of curiosity I checked my Sylvania systems as they have NFL on screen as well and here's a third version, where the JK Lasser info is printed right on the box. (1st pic) 

My Sylvania box has it also printed directly on the box. But it has extra stickers that Poker & Blackjack is included as a game instead of Football (like it is to see on Hanks photo).

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Humblejack said:

I like how it has the 1980 Federal Tax in the heading of the 1st and 3rd pics like the one for sale but the second pic sans it.

Yah seems kind of limiting to just have 1980 tax return on the box. I wonder if they were planning on releasing a new version each year? 🤔

20 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Yah seems kind of limiting to just have 1980 tax return on the box. I wonder if they were planning on releasing a new version each year? 🤔

You really kind of have to, since they change the forms all the time. I am wondering if the listing under the sticker might say 1979.......

My old enough box has your second picture, which doesn't even mention Lasser in either of the two financial programs.  The box has a sticker saying it includes Baseball (rather than the default football)

7 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

You really kind of have to, since they change the forms all the time. I am wondering if the listing under the sticker might say 1979.......

My old enough box has your second picture, which doesn't even mention Lasser in either of the two financial programs.  The box has a sticker saying it includes Baseball (rather than the default football)

That's my 111 box so that would have been the original design which makes sense I would think