IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Weeks 4/5 ~ Starpath !

Vocelli

Rabbit Transit - BB - Game 1 - Make sure you are using a joystick that isn't tight for this game. I broke two tight joysticks until I switched to using an Atari Flashback (loose) joystick controller which I bought awhile back cuz @Rogerpoco advised me too. It worked well for this... 👍

1380841005_16183RabbitTransitBBGame1.jpg.0cc4db651e83ad2f29dbe7453137e0bd.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Communist Mutants - 15,010

C0D327E0-0438-46F9-8D80-9091E4F388A0.thumb.jpeg.2806aeab39fa7715a6d22ef0228823fd.jpeg

My advice: figure out the best times to use shields and time warp and make sure you use them both every wave.

Official Frogger - 31,230

DDA9BBD9-2A8F-4A3E-A7EA-89445EE851FB.thumb.jpeg.f54919028756034e391ebed0369cc3f3.jpeg

If you can make it past level 5 it actually gets a lot easier!

Rabbit Transit - 46,670

97F6D853-4A86-4558-964E-BB56F599A42D.thumb.jpeg.b00775a5d862eac9a7489b762eca70a7.jpeg

One of the cutest games on the system, I love it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keir said:

My advice: figure out the best times to use shields and time warp and make sure you use them both every wave.

I always time warp right away to take out the mother alien on the first shot, and every shot thereafter needs to take out at least 2-3 at a time. Don't use the shields until the time warp is finished.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, Jasonhrb said:

I also confess to being a bit disappointed with The Official Frogger. Parker Brothers Frogger was my favourite Atari game when I was a kid, so I was really looking forward to an improvement on that. But despite looking fantastic, the gameplay felt a bit sluggish, and the monophonic tunes soon grated. It's still very good game, just not as good as I'd have hoped.

I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I think I actually still prefer the Parker Brothers Version. The gameplay feels quicker and snappier to me, and I prefer the balance of a smaller amount of better music. That could just be nostaligia and me defending an old favourite though.

I felt the same way about this version of Frogger.  The graphics are better than the Parker Brothers version.  I think the sounds are about a toss-up.  I think the Parker Brothers version is more fun since it puts the snake on the log and has more levels before resetting to the easy Level 1 layout.

• Like 2

Frogger: 67390

Rabbit Transit: 51168

For Frogger, I think it's best to just speed run to the top and only pick up the lady frog if it's convenient or if it won't waste too much time.  If it's early in the round, there is plenty time left, and there are options for which home to choose for your frog, I prefer spacing my frogs out rather than putting them next to each other.  This provides more options if short on time when making the trip with my next frog.

On the Q-Bert round of Rabbit Transit, I have found it's best to stay toward the middle of the screen and steer the man to drop rocks in the middle column.  There is usually enough time to jump on a few of the outside blocks, then return to the middle of the screen before he reappears.  If you allow him to change more than two different columns of blocks on the higher levels, you're almost certainly going to run out of time.

image.thumb.jpeg.13b5bf99b13435abdea45fb252c4d61c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a4423fc051de0bba6659788d07ddcd99.jpeg

• Like 4

Heeey! First ever post on the forums and what could be better than going for some high scores? I must say the Supercharger is *such* an interesting device! The games for it definitely stand out in quality from most other 2600 games, and it's been a fun time trying them out in emulator (hoping to get a Starpath supercharger someday now)

Communist mutants from space: I guess if we ever face an uprising for worker's rights by aliens, I'll be ready to deal with them! I really enjoyed this game so much. There's a lot of quick-thinking strategy when it comes to deploying your shield at the right time, and the mutants have such wild patterns that take some practice getting used to. A+ for this game

Frogger: I'm actually on the younger side, so I never played Frogger until today and WOW, do I ever suck at it xD I'd personally give this a C+

Rabbit transit: Cute game, but the controls kept messing me up. I feel like I could really enjoy this game if I spend the time to get used to it's controls. Honestly preferred this a bit over Frogger I think. B

Communist mutants score.png

Frogger score.png

Rabbit transit score.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snowbound1996 said:

Heeey! First ever post on the forums and what could be better than going for some high scores? I must say the Supercharger is *such* an interesting device! The games for it definitely stand out in quality from most other 2600 games, and it's been a fun time trying them out in emulator (hoping to get a Starpath supercharger someday now)

Welcome!

• Like 2