IGNORED

Help with TT030 TOS

I have a new to me TT030. SysInfo reports TOS 3.00 GERMANY  even though the EPROMs are labelled 'USA'.  Is it possible to boot a TOS from the harddrive that overrides the TOS version that is in ROM?

Where is a good source for TOS images?  I would like to find US-English TOS 3.06.  I think that was the latest, right?  Are there later or better versions for the TT030?

I have a EPROM programmer and will try burning a new set of ROMs.

Thanks!!

image.thumb.png.6f0f220ae9a3b7195458fd8c1d6e923f.png

Edited by 800_Rocks
added a question

I will answer one of my own questions...  "Is it possible to boot a TOS from the harddrive that overrides the TOS version that is in ROM?" 

Answer: 'Yes' - I read in another thread you can place a disk based TOS version in the AUTO folder and name it 'GEM.PRG'

Here is a look at my AUTO folder.  [EDIT] when I looked real careful I see an early message flash "MagiC- BOOTER, (C) 1990-96 Andreas Kromke"  so that is my boot TOS replacement !!

I assume anything *.PRX is ignored.  I assume changing a *.PRG to a *.PRX is just a rename to make it inactive, right?

Here are the *.PRG items in AUTO and the messages I see during startup.

DRVIN.PRG == Device Driver Support 1996-03-30 (C) Harun Scheutzow  it states "No extra Gemdos, Installed"

JAR30.PRG ==  JARxxx by Dan Wilga (C) 1992, Gribnif Software  (not sure what this does)

MAGXBOOT.PRG ==  MagiC- BOOTER, (C) 1990-96 Andreas Kromke  <=== FOUND IT!!  When I disable this and cold start I boot to 'TOS 3.06 USA' mystery solved 😁

NVDI.PRG ==  NVDI 5.00 (C) 1991-98 by Sven & Wilfried Behne, Font-scaling technology by Bitstream Inc.

SCC.PRG == Fast routines for SCC-M2/S2 8MHz installed (C) SWB Harun Scheutzow 1996-06-08

WDIALOG.PRG == MagiC 4.0 oder neuer ist vorhanden (or newer is available). WDIALOG wird nicht installiert (will not be installed)

XBOOT.PRG == XBootIII V.3.10 Nov 29, 1993 Tassilo Nitz, NT Software

image.thumb.png.f2f17b7c655663fa5e88808b8c5c5553.png

Edited by 800_Rocks

8 hours ago, 800_Rocks said:

JAR30.PRG ==  JARxxx by Dan Wilga (C) 1992, Gribnif Software  (not sure what this does)

That increases the number of "Cookie Jars" :) the number in the file name is the number it will create

in this case 30, some programs will not run if there are not enough Cookie Jars.

• Thanks 1