IGNORED

Coleovision/ADAM Demo's

If anyone has seen my latest work with mobile patterns, inside the Shamus thread, you will have to admit that it is pretty damn cool what can be done on these two systems.

I have been able to animate and move in all directions 60 patterns at once with no lag or NMI corruption.

These are not just bragging rights, like everyone else who programs you should reap the rewards of you hard work.

That said...

If this not had occurred in the past I propose that we have a DEMO thread for Colecovision and ADAM.

There is a programming, a high score club and two more which I guess is business related for Opcode Games and Collectorvision.

I have not reached out to Albert but are these types of threads sponsored, voted on or state run.

All this is assuming that there are enough programmers and time to run such a thing much less interest.

I bring this up because what I want to see is how far can the limits of a stock Colecovision can go.
The work I have done have proven that an unexpanded system still has life in it.

Seriously, you look at a game like Pitfall 2 or Gyruss that you can see what the system is capable of.

It's time to take it to the next level using modern tools.

1 hour ago, evg2000 said:

@Captain Cozmos i think that’s a great idea. i would like to try programming for the cv someday. would be nice to have a place to ask questions,  learn about the tool chain etc

This not a comment against anyone but when I see a people hang out in the Colecovision/ADAM forums of this website and have always assumed that they are programmers.

On occasion I will have a nanosecond's worth of conversation with another person but why does anyone else come here other than wanting to learn programing?

The only other thing is the HIGH SCORE area and advertisements for Opcode and Collectorvision but not a whole lot more.
There's nothing wrong with that but I would like to see what the draw is to this forum if nothing new is going on.

Then again, why does anyone do anything these days.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

12 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

On occasion I will have a nanosecond's worth of conversation with another person but why does anyone else come here other than wanting to learn programing?

Not the reason I'm here, and likely this is true for others as well. I think if you really dig into it you'll find a diverse set of reasons why someone frequents these forums, not the least of which is they enjoy gaming on the system. Personally I enjoy playing with the hardware, and/or creating variations of such.

• Like 4