IGNORED

Can't get into Bios, Batocera installed to emmc

I purchased a used Atari VCS from eBay and it was a decent deal, the seller stated that it did not boot, but it boots fine, but boots directly to Batocera, someone installed Batocera to the emmc drive, so it just boots to that from  power on, from reading posts I did plug in a keyboard and hit ESC on boot but nothing happens, the Batocera software has hijacked the system and I can't get into Bios, I have tried to download the Atari firmware OS from flashdrive but that doesn't work since I can't get into boot options, I also deleted the EFI partition from Batocera but that didn't change anything, I've read other older posts with other people going through the same thing, but nothing that shows if they were able to fix their system, I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction to get this factory reset with Atari OS on the emmc.

Maybe try a different keyboard?   Escape needs to be hit right after hitting the power button-  the window for hitting ESC is short.

I don't know if it's possible to modify the system to completely bypass the BIOS.   But assuming that happened, there is usually a way to set a jumper to restore BIOS to default settings.

On 5/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, DVS KILLA said:

I purchased a used Atari VCS from eBay and it was a decent deal, the seller stated that it did not boot, but it boots fine, but boots directly to Batocera, someone installed Batocera to the emmc drive, so it just boots to that from  power on, from reading posts I did plug in a keyboard and hit ESC on boot but nothing happens, the Batocera software has hijacked the system and I can't get into Bios, I have tried to download the Atari firmware OS from flashdrive but that doesn't work since I can't get into boot options, I also deleted the EFI partition from Batocera but that didn't change anything, I've read other older posts with other people going through the same thing, but nothing that shows if they were able to fix their system, I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction to get this factory reset with Atari OS on the emmc.

On the Atari VCS discord there is the December AtariOS image download in a pinned thread on the troubleshooting section.  Download this file and use balance etcher (or similar) to burn it to the thumb drive.  Insert the USB thumb drive into the VCS and boot up the system.  This will allow you to put the AtariOS back on the eMMC.  If you are having trouble use a wired keyboard and keep pressing the ESC button when the Fuji lights up.

I did download that software from the discord link, and in installed the flashdrive to the back USB, and I also installed the keyboard to the back, but when I power on and hit ESC it doesn't boot options or Bios, anyway to maybe delete Batocera so that there is no OS on the Atari, and start clean.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:59 AM, killersquirel said:

On the Atari VCS discord there is the December AtariOS image download in a pinned thread on the troubleshooting section.  Download this file and use balance etcher (or similar) to burn it to the thumb drive.  Insert the USB thumb drive into the VCS and boot up the system.  This will allow you to put the AtariOS back on the eMMC.  If you are having trouble use a wired keyboard and keep pressing the ESC button when the Fuji lights up.

1 hour ago, Goochman said:

I think if you hit F1 in Bactocera you can get to the Linux File Manager and from there a Terminal.  Most likely there should be a way to change the boot options to look at USB first?

Linux has an "efibootmgr" command that can be used to set boot options, if Batocera includes it.