IGNORED

Repartitioning an SH204 20MB Harddrive

Hey all, 

I’ve got a working SH204 but it’s got 4 5MB partitions and drove c,d,e, and f. I’d like to delete e and f and combine them into a single 10MB partition. Is this possible and what software would I need?

I also have and UltraSatan with the PP driver software that I used to setup and partition that drive but not sure if it would be compatible. 

the reason I have the SH204 physical hard drive is for my 520ST because it has minimal ram and the ultrasatan doesn’t work with it because it consumes some ram itself to run software. 

it seems the HDUTILS might be able to do it but I do t really want to spend $55.00 just to redo the partitions. 

If there’s an alternate method I would love to get some info.

thanks

-Tavis

ICD Pro should be able to do it, it's free :)

Personally I would copy anything you need to the US, boot ICD Pro from floppy and reformat

the whole drive creating only C and D.

During the format, it will map out any bad sectors, worth doing on an old drive.

1 hour ago, TGB1718 said:

ICD Pro should be able to do it, it's free :)

Personally I would copy anything you need to the US, boot ICD Pro from floppy and reformat

the whole drive creating only C and D.

During the format, it will map out any bad sectors, worth doing on an old drive.

inwanted to do that but I couldn’t find a way to get both the US and the SH204 mounted at the same time to do a backup. 

Each device need to have it's own ID, probably they are both set to device 0, the default.

There should be a switch (maybe inside the SH204) which allows you to change the ID to 1,

then you should be able to boot the US with the SH204 also attached and copy the files you need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Each device need to have it's own ID, probably they are both set to device 0, the default.

There should be a switch (maybe inside the SH204) which allows you to change the ID to 1,

then you should be able to boot the US with the SH204 also attached and copy the files you need.

The us is on 1 and 2 connected to my Stacy. It’s not the ID that is the issue it’s the connectors. There’s no way to daisy chain them.