IGNORED

Your opinion about an idea please!

tanuki

We need your opinion about a project for Intellivision.

Would you be interested in overlays packs with the dimensions of our controller (the long play disc controller).

We would produce overlays for all our games already released but also for other companies' games, with new visuals (we would not use the visuals of the existing overlays). Everything would be sold in a box.

We thought we would offer 20 overlays each time.

The price will be quite important, since it will be necessary to count in the 65$.

Edited by tanuki
  • Like 5

If it's in an Intellivision size box,that would be important. 

I like the idea,but I would likely not want to pay a new game price for 20 overlays.

I like the idea of overlays for any Cote games you did not make them for,and cool original designs for some older games would be nice.

With the outstanding box art you folks come up with,I would say yes,I am definitely interested!😊👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I love overlays packs.  I'd suggest a pack with only Cote overlays, but also include overlays with alternative designs.  Which other companies would you consider including?

We would ask people what overlays they would like us to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tanuki said:

We would ask people what overlays they would like us to do.

Be careful. There are legal issues that come along with production of someone elses copywrtd material & their game names &/ or images. I would just make the Cote game overlays if i were you. Otherwise, you may end up sitting on a mound of overlays you wont be able to sell on Atari Age.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tanuki said:

Our idea is to create overlays made in Côté Gamers. We wouldn't use any visuals already used. But thanks for the warning ;)

Do you plan on changing the game names on the overlays of the non-Cote game titles too? The game Names are also covered by copyright laws.

I have already gone through all of this in the past. Its a slippery slope unless you can get copyright permission from each game developer/ producer.

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Do you plan on changing the game names on the overlays of the non-Cote game titles too? The game Names are also covered by copyright laws.

I have already gone through all of this in the past. Its a slippery slope unless you can get copyright permission from each game developer/ producer.

The names would be covered by trademark law.  Images/graphics are copyright protected.