IGNORED

Just playing a little AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin

I've absolutely always loved this game!  I love how both AD&D games are very random and you never know exactly how things are laid out from game to game. It keeps things fresh! I don't think I was ever able to complete the disc level (I don't seem to have 4 hours to sit and play a full game anymore but I keep trying 😁).  I do remember my brother and a friend did it and how long it took! I think they spent about 5 hours playing it to win.  The white crossbow was the key! 

Yesterday, I just managed to destroy the white door on the 2nd level for the first time in years but had to shut off the game to go somewhere!  It was fun to zap through the walls again!

I've seen where people have thought this was the most boring game of all time and I even had a friend who loved the Intellivision say the same about this game.  I think you just have to keep playing it to get to the point of liking it.... 

I do think that with the games they have nowadays, is why it will never connect with the gamers today. The enemies would move today. It was a very unique game at its time though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 11:24 AM, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

I've seen where people have thought this was the most boring game of all time and I even had a friend who loved the Intellivision say the same about this game.

I could see that if you didn't play this game "in era" so to speak. I grew up on video games (born in 1972 *cry*), playing board games (Dark Tower, Sorry!, Mille Bornes, Crossbows & Catapults, etc) and playing D&D with paper, pencils and dice at a table for HOURS and not getting through even a quarter of the campaign. The game still is, to me, a very masterful and accessible rendition of AD&D. The randomness of the mazes and monster placement always made it better!

Someone born in 1992 had modern, flashy video games to grow up with. I could see that opinion coming out.

• Like 2

Treasure of Tarmin was the Skyrim of the early 80s.  Nothing less like it that played as good as it.  The TRS-80 had Dungeons of Daggorath which was ok, but still did not play like Tarmin.  It was a game beyond it's time. 

Wish they finished the Intellivoice game "Quest".  That looked like a great one as well.

• Like 2