IGNORED

20 Masterplay Interface Clones and Keypads

Philouza

Hi! I was told I should post this here in the Atari 5200 forum along with the Marketplace forum.

I made a batch of 30 Masterplay Interface clones for fun and practice with KiCad. They are based on the schematic at Dr. Scott M. Baker's website. I won't be making any more. They let you use Genesis controllers to play most of the Atari 5200 library. My own schematic and BOM are posted below.

I'm selling them for $60 + shipping. This includes the Masterplay Interface clone, the custom keypad, and the extension cable for the clone. Satisfaction guaranteed. Returns accepted within 14 days.

A few notes:

- The acrylic top of the clone can be removed with 1.5mm hex bit to access jumpers. Rotate jumpers 90° to change button mapping.

- Calibrate x and y axes with a small screw driver through the small holes on top.

Games that can't be played with the Masterplay Interface clone:

- Missile Command

- Super Breakout

- Kaboom!

- Centipede

- QIX works only after cycling the d-pad

Thanks for looking!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

PXL_20230407_161819111.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Screenshot_20230411-185907.png

Screenshot_20230411-190007.png

Masterplay Interface Clone (1).png

Edited by Philouza
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Philouza said:

Me too 😂 I have nineteen left, if anyone is interested.

Maybe because it's 2 pieces and not all one piece.  Maybe just the keypad by itself will be useful.  The buttons always wear out on a standard controller.  Add some fire buttons to the keypad and it's all good.  Maybe make something that slips over the current keypad it will be cool.

I made it so the keypad could be right next to you while you used the Genesis controller. Of course, there are a lot of other cool controller options for the Atari 5200 out there now (RetroGameBoyz arcade stick). I like how this adapter turned out though.

• 2 months later...