IGNORED

Is this something to keep?

atari181

7 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Also, are these those rom chips that get erased when subject to light?

I would presume they are UV erasable otherwise there would be little point in having the windows in the top, but without being able to look up the manufactures part number to confirm one cannot be 100% sure.

Generally it is unusual to see EEPROMs (Electrically Erasable) in windowed cases, but not impossible if the manufacture wanted to use up some windowed cases they had left after ceasing manufacture of UV erasable parts or just ran out of unwindowed cases during a production run.

It would take a LONG time for EPROMs to be naturally erased by ambient UV light. One of these days I need to leave an EPROM on my window sill in direct sunlight and check it every week. 

To the OP, I'd keep it if you're a Jag collector, or dump it and see if it's any different than the retail version of whatever it is.

• Like 2

It is a racing game.  I have dabbled in Jaguar, but I really don't collect for it 

I did close up the cart to protect the Eproms.  The game came without a label and no screws to hold it together.  I was testing a Jag unit with the cart and dropped it.

16856588269102153613771476288437.jpg

16856588441137492193453859835160.jpg

Well that sounds interesting, could you take a few photos of the game to show us?

In any event it's hard to say that anything jag related is junk these days given the intense interest many have in the console. If you don't want to keep it I'm sure it would be easy to sell or give away to someone on the forum.

Edited by sirlynxalot

1 hour ago, af0l said:

Looks like a standard Atari cart with roms swapped out. Could be anything. People were ripping the "bad" games all the time, until repros and skunk became available.

I doubt it could be anything as the OP said it's a racing game.

I purchased a Jaguar a year or two ago and this cart was included with it.  I just set it aside and figured it was Cybermorph.  The interesting part was that the console had 4 holes bored into the shell.  I have been wondering what they were for.  This would explain the holes, It was probably pulled from a Speedster II cabinet.

• Like 1