IGNORED

APF-MP 1000 Console not working, possible fix?

Hi guys, finally got around to testing this console I have and it does not work. It shows just a green screen with a bunch of P's everywhere most of the time. It behaves this way whether a cartridge is inserted or not. I'm guessing there's probably not much hope for the machine since I can't find any info online about repairing a broken one, but I am willing to try anything that could be suggested. Thanks! 

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-01 at 9.15.42 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-01 at 9.15.42 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-01 at 9.15.42 PM.jpeg

Edited by INTVCruise

8 hours ago, masschamber said:

Everything is off the shelf and socketed, so fixing it is always possible,

Try replacing the ram first as I've had a failure similar and it was ram

Thanks for the suggestion Masschamber, I just looked at a schematic online and saw that the ram used by the APF is 2114, is that correct? Would the following chips be suitable to try, they were from an intellivision III board with a sound problem so I think they must be working, but don't know if they are an exact fit, I think they are also 2114 looking at a quick board pic online. Thanks for your help :). 

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-02 at 11.37.11 AM.jpeg

3 hours ago, masschamber said:

I'm pretty sure I used the same chips in a repair 21c14e as it is what Pac-Man uses and i used the same

image.png.95a8f82824925ac0e9a0bc6f3b811187.pngSuccess! Thank you Masschamber, another quick question, so at first the console was going straight into 1 player mode without letting me select it, I assumed a short in controller 1 which seems to be correct, are the controllers notoriously damaged for this console? 

3 hours ago, INTVCruise said:

image.png.95a8f82824925ac0e9a0bc6f3b811187.pngSuccess! Thank you Masschamber, another quick question, so at first the console was going straight into 1 player mode without letting me select it, I assumed a short in controller 1 which seems to be correct, are the controllers notoriously damaged for this console? 

stupidly easy to damage, but fortunately easy to fix, all of the numbers are just dome caps, you just need to tape them back on, just be careful opening the controllers, the caps will fly all over the place you  when open it up