IGNORED

New ROMs at IntellivisionCollector.com !

1 hour ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Did you try the .Rom and also the .bin/.cfg files?

I’ve sold many and you are the first who claims that it does not work. 

I only added the ROM file.  How do i add. Bin and. Config

BTW i am not ''claiming '' that it does not work.  It simply does not work when i add the ROM file only.  Every other ROM i purchased from you does work

Edited by rietveld

2 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Did you try the .Rom and also the .bin/.cfg files?

I’ve sold many and you are the first who claims that it does not work. 

Looks like i am the only person with the PAL brown ECS who bought this game then.  The game works without  the ECS plugged in.

IMG_20230603_144346_695.jpg

IMG_20230603_144348_963.jpg

Great feedback. Looks like the programmer wrote code in an area of the mapping that conflicts with the ECS. 

great to hear you got it to work. I will share this info with others whom bring up this issue. 

appreciate your troubleshooting. 

On 6/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, rietveld said:

I just tried the grey ECS and it also does not work with my IntV2 but does work without it 

IMG_20230603_145825_533.jpg

That's a pretty sweet setup you got there man.... 😮 

AWESOME!!! @rietveld

BTW - I live at the top of the state, SC 👍

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, rietveld said:

Looks like i am the only person with the PAL brown ECS who bought this game then.  The game works without  the ECS plugged in.

I had that same problem when I put Blix & Chocolate Mine onto my LTO Flash.  I didn't know at the time that games written in the $Exxx address range will conflict with ECS BASIC.  Turns out, a lot of other developers didn't know that either.  It's not documented in the first Programming Games For Intellivision book.

There's a workaround though.  In the LTO Flash menu software, flag the ROM as "incompatible with ECS".  LTO Flash will compensate by performing a simple bankswitch when you start the game up to bypass ECS BASIC.  It worked with Blix & Chocolate Mine, so it might work in your case as well.

• Like 4

Since I lucked into an almost brand new Super Pro System on eBay I've been getting back into Intellivision. 

Never knew there were independent gaming companies that were making new games for the classic old systems like ColecoVision and Intellivision.

With that said, I picked this one up recently and it's one of the best games I've ever played on Intellivision and using Intellivoice is a nice touch. 

gorf-3d.png

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Crash7 said:

Since I lucked into an almost brand new Super Pro System on eBay I've been getting back into Intellivision. 

Never knew there were independent gaming companies that were making new games for the classic old systems like ColecoVision and Intellivision.

With that said, I picked this one up recently and it's one of the best games I've ever played on Intellivision and using Intellivoice is a nice touch. 

gorf-3d.png

Welcome!

I believe there are 160+ homebrew games made over the last 20+ years and also a bunch more downloadable Roms as well if you can secure a flashcart.

Just check out various threads here on Atariage for more information on everything. 

You are definitely in the right place!👍😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zendocon said:

I didn't know at the time that games written in the $Exxx address range will conflict with ECS BASIC.

I once read here on the forums that the block $E000-$FFFF is better to use for data (graphics, music) than code. Is this due to the above, a conflict with ECS BASIC and the CPU will get in trouble if it tries to execute code in that area, but reading from it for other purposes might work?

On 6/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, Zendocon said:

I had that same problem when I put Blix & Chocolate Mine onto my LTO Flash.  I didn't know at the time that games written in the $Exxx address range will conflict with ECS BASIC.  Turns out, a lot of other developers didn't know that either.  It's not documented in the first Programming Games For Intellivision book.

There's a workaround though.  In the LTO Flash menu software, flag the ROM as "incompatible with ECS".  LTO Flash will compensate by performing a simple bankswitch when you start the game up to bypass ECS BASIC.  It worked with Blix & Chocolate Mine, so it might work in your case as well.

Would this work for my issue as well with the game Stack 'Em!? It works in emulation (jzintv), but doesn't respond to anything using my LTO Flash (Original hardware)..... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording