IGNORED

Software Manual wall display idea- framed on wall (suggestions?)

digdugnate

I have had all my 994a stuff moved into my home office for about 9 months now and I'm finally getting around to 'decorating' after stuff going on at the house.  I have in a bin a good number of 994a software manuals that I didn't send to folks because I liked the way they looked, lol, and I still have the carts for.

What I was envisioning was somehow framing the manuals and putting on my wall above my retro stuff.  

Has anyone else done something similar?  I'm looking for ideas or gotchas that might pop up that I didn't think of.  

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 1

Kind of.  I've just grabbed this from my Twitter banner where it's obviously cropped to suit the purpose, but these are boxes I actually have displayed on my wall:

image.thumb.png.06f3ae0e2daa2ed5407c7b2a90fd1cd5.png

With the clear plastic covers absent, as those have usually born the brunt of the wear (but happily, as a result, having preserved what's inside). 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

a few years ago, someone sold a poster-sized enlargement of the Parsec cover on eBay. It was probably about 2'x4'.

If you're in a city, I would go into any print shop and see how large they clould blow up the covers before causing visible halftone dots.

Probably cost you about $20 a cover depending on how large you go.

The TI covers are fairly high quality prints (Databiotics, not so much) so you can probably triple to quadruple the size fairly easily...then you could exacto-knife out the Texas Instruments and title banner, leaving just the artwork for a mighty fine wallpaper for any gaming room. You could also just frame a dozen covers intact, swapping them out from time to time.

Go big or go home they say.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PeBo said:

a few years ago, someone sold a poster-sized enlargement of the Parsec cover on eBay. It was probably about 2'x4'.

If you're in a city, I would go into any print shop and see how large they clould blow up the covers before causing visible halftone dots.

Probably cost you about $20 a cover depending on how large you go.

The TI covers are fairly high quality prints (Databiotics, not so much) so you can probably triple to quadruple the size fairly easily...then you could exacto-knife out the Texas Instruments and title banner, leaving just the artwork for a mighty fine wallpaper for any gaming room. You could also just frame a dozen covers intact, swapping them out from time to time.

Go big or go home they say.

hey, stranger!  long time no see.  :)  

that's a really cool idea!  it wouldn't be too big a jog into Springfield since we end up there a few times a month anyway. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has a high-res scan of a Parsec manual cover, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am working with 600DPI scans and have this, but my Parsec manual has a UPC code on the cover.

Oh, I would also greatly appreciate a good scan of TI Invaders.  Mine is old and well-handled.

Oh, again... I will also share my my topic-related project once all is complete.

Here is a relatively high resolution (5700x2500) TI-99/4 promotional spread I've gone to the trouble of photographing in segments, combining and retouching.  And individual games aside, I think this one would make for a good framed TI-99 wall item.

Fairly rare 99/4 promo flyer, from what I can tell.  The release flyer's the more common one.

290182370_hi-res994promobrochurespread.thumb.jpg.461f508807f683c2b437e3ca0a712faa.jpg

That and the other 99/4 promo stuff is on my catalogues/manuals site.  But those are generally paginated as PDFs, and not saved at as high a resolution as this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/30/2023 at 1:32 AM, ti99iuc said:

@OLD CS1 maybe here you could find something help about parsec?

https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pagina=cerca&ricerca=Parsec+manual&cerca=Cerca

Hey, Ciro, I got something for you.  Your page mentions the USA release manual has the barcode, but I just picked one up without the barcode.  I left the scan as-is so you can crop it to your liking.

scan0108.jpg

• Like 2