IGNORED

Atari Flashback 11/50th Anniversary Gold - paddle questions

fiudr

I saw a video on Youtube that talks about the paddles that come with the Atari Flashback 11/50th Anniversary Gold edition. According to his tests, the paddles themselves are perfectly fine, but the way the flashback interprets the inputs is an issue (analog>digital). Here's a link to a thread in here that talks about it and links to the video:

Has this issue been improved with updated firmware, either official or custom available in here?

Has anybody tried using these paddles with the original release of the Retron77, either through the front ports or the OTG Cable? I already have the Flashback X but it has some audio lag, and it didn't include paddles. All I really want are a good new set of paddles, to use with either my Flashback X or my Retron 77, or with the 2600-daptor D9, but as usual Atgames doesn't sell the paddles separately, so I'm considering buying the gold flashback 50th just to get the paddles. If the new flashback has less audio lag, that would be a bigger reason to buy it too.

How are these new paddles in general? And are they compatible with the Retron 77?

A friend of mine had a Flashback 8 Gold Deluxe with paddles. I got the chance to try them out and I did notice a few things. The side buttons are quite different compared to the orignal side buttons, not in a bad way, just different. The best way I can explain the side buttons is that they are much more clicky than the original paddle side buttons. The knob on the paddles felt fine, a little tight though. The overall build wasn't terrible either. I don't quite remember the paddles behaving oddly. I'm not sure if Atgames has changed the paddles for the 50th Anniversary, or if they are the same as the 8 Gold Deluxe. As for compatibility, I'm not sure, both the 8 Gold and 50th Anniversary use the same 9 pin input as the orignal paddles so they might work with the RetroN 77. Sorry if this info isn't very helpful, I can't seem to get my hands on the 50th Gold edition. Amazon doesn't have it, and most eBay sellers and other websites are charging +100 USD for it. I can't get previous Flashback models that came with paddles either because they don't make them anymore.

Edited by PlutoniumPasta