IGNORED

Ultrasatan CR2032 battery brand matters?

Zap!

Long story short, I had my Mega STe open, so I (foolishly) decided to replace the CR2032 in my internal Ultrasatan. It was working perfectly, but since I got it in 2016, I figured it was time for a battery change. I replaced it and set the clock and date, played a game and went to work. I came back and the date was reset to 2000. Granted, it wasn't an expensive brand (this is the brand), but it's not dead. I tested it on a multimeter and it reads 3.340 volts. I also tried another new battery (different brand, but also a cheap no-name) and that tested 3.325. Didn't work either. I also use these batteries on my aquarium thermometer, where they work fine. 

I know how to set the time and date, as I do this during the change to DST and Standard Time, so all of the files are in the right folder. It always worked before the battery change. It is not inserted upside down lol. So, has anyone ever replaced their battery? If yes, what brand?

One more thing, is there a program to test if a battery clock is present? I'm surprised it's not in Sysinfo.

Never mind, I figured it out. The bottom two small connecters were actually under the battery. I pried them up with a small screwdriver, and everything works great now. They have to be up so that they touch the side of the battery. Hopefully, this can be a lesson to someone. :)

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 11:42 AM, Zap! said:

Never mind, I figured it out. The bottom two small connecters were actually under the battery. I pried them up with a small screwdriver, and everything works great now. They have to be up so that they touch the side of the battery. Hopefully, this can be a lesson to someone. :)

I would have to check... but was the original a CR2032?  the battery number is actually the size of the battery, with the first two numbers being the circumference and the second two are the thickness.  (I did just check mine, and it is a CR2032).

• Like 1